PDF Kit PdfContentEditor.replaceText on tables

Looking for some help from anyone who has experience replacing text fields within a table. I’m having all kinds of challenges getting the formatting correct when using PdfContentEditor.replaceText(oldString,newString) on a field within a table. The biggest problem is that the table doesn’t dynamically resize. Any pointers or examples that anyone has is greatly appreciated.

Hi
Darren,

Thanks for using our products.

The reason you are getting this problem is because currently Aspose.Pdf.Kit for .Java does not support the feature to manipulate tables inside existing PDF documents. Once the text inside table is replaced with smaller/larger string as compare to the current one, the cells does not resize them according to cell contents. Nevertheless, we already have logged the requirement to manipulate tables in existing PDF file as PDFKITJAVA-33222. One this feature is supported, the cell dimensions will automatically be adjusted once the text is replaced.

Please be patient and spare us little time. We are sorry for this inconvenience.

Hi,

Thats great news. Can you please let me know when the PDFKITJAVA-3322 will be available. We're extremely interested in this functionality, so please let me know what I can do to get this sooner than later. Even if we can get a beta version to run some tests that would be a huge help.

Thanks in advance, Darren

Hi Darren,

Thanks for your comprehension.

Please note that PDFKITJAVA-33222 is related to manipulation of tables in existing PDF document and your particular requirement is related to contents replacement in existing table and adjustment of table cells dimensions according to cell contents, so in order to support your requirement, first we need to have the support for manipulation of tables in existing PDF file and then we need to tailor this feature according to Text replacement feature.

Nevertheless our development team is working hard on supporting the table manipulation feature and as soon as we have made significant progress towards its implementation, we would be more than happy to update you with the status of correction. Please be patient and spare us little time. We are sorry for inconvenience.

Hi,

We're very interested/excited in getting the table manipulation functionality to work using PDF Kit. Can you please expedite this request and let us know what we need to do in order to get this feature ASAP. Anything you can do to prioritize this is greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Darren

Hi Darren,

I have requested the updated status from development team regarding the implementation/resolution of PDFKITJAVA-33222 and as soon as I have the required information, I will be pleased to share it with you.

Please note that in order to expedite the resolution of an issue, you may consider subscribing for Enterprise or Priority support models. The issues logged under this support model have high precedence in terms of resolution as compare to the issues logged under normal/free support. Please visit the following link for further details on Paid Support Services.