PDF.NET 6.0.0.0 - is device printer missing?

According to the documentation it should be possible to print through the new Aspose.Pdf.Devices namespace:

We can perform various operations on the PDF documents i.e. printing, converting to images etc. However, such operations do not belong to the Document object and we cannot extend the Document class for such operations. That’s why we have introduced the concept of Device in the new DOM API; for example, we can print a PDF document or convert it to image. The Device namespace provides classes to perform such kind of operations.

... but how...? I can find exactly NO documentation regarding printing using Aspose.Net.Devices.... can anyone help?`

/Henrik

Hello Henrik,

Thanks for using our products.

Currently Aspose.Pdf.Devices supports the feature to render the pages of PDF document into various image formats but I am afraid currently the feature of printing PDF documents is not yet implemented. Our development team is working hard to introduce the printing capability in this namespace as well. As soon as the feature becomes available, we would be more than happy to update you with the status of correction. As a workaround, you may consider using PdfViewer class of Aspose.Pdf.Facades namespace to print the PDF documents. For more information, please visit
Working with Printing

In it does not satisfy your requirements or you have any further query, please feel free to contact. We apologize for the confusion and inconvenience.

Hi again

Thanks for the quick response.

I think it is VERY frustrating wasting several hours looking through all the documentation, installing a demo version, installing samples, looking through the documentation again, and then through the forum ... trying to find a printing functionality that isn't there all though it's among the key sellingpoints, allthough it is stipulated in the documentation overview as being part of the core functionality.

I was a true candidate as customer ... now I'm not certain anymore and are looking to find another product to solve my needs.

Regards

Henrik

Hello Henrik,

Thanks for your interest in our products.

First of all please accept our humble apologies for the confusion and inconvenience. Initially we planed to introduce printing feature in Aspose.Pdf.Devices namespace but due to some technical difficulties, we could not make it possible to offer this feature in Aspose.Pdf.Devices namespace. However, as I have shared earlier, you may try using PdfViewer class of Aspose.Pdf.Facades namespace to accomplish your requirement.

Nevertheless, I will inquire the current status regarding the implementation of printing functionality in Aspose.Pdf.Devices namespace and will keep you posted on the status of correction. Please be patient and spare us little time. We are really sorry for the your inconvenience.