PDF Optimization

Hi, I have a Word document .doc that weights 6.5MB.
When I convert it using the Aspose.Words.Document.Save to a PDF, it is converted perfectly, but that PDF weights 8.2MB, which is heavier than the Word document.
I tried to use the Aspose.Words.Document.SaveToPDF method with the Aspose.Words.Saving.PdfOptions, but it got only a bit smaller, 8MB.
Which is the best way to get a smaller PDF when converting from a DOC?

This message was posted using Page2Forum from How-to: Convert a Document to PDF - Aspose.Words for .NET

Hi Ismael,
Thanks for your inquiry.
Could you please post your document here for testing? I will take a look at it and provide you with further information. Attachments posted here by you can only be downloaded by you and specific Aspose staff.
Thanks,

Hi aske012, the documents that I’m refering to have sensitive data thats why I can’t post it here.
All the documents that We need to convert have the same structure, they have between 8-11 pages with headers and footers, tables with borders and images in every page (1 small image on the header of each page and the others distributed between pages, generally 25 images in total).
I can see that if the PDF weights more as the Word document has more images in it.
As I said previously, I tried using all the different PdfOptions properties (including JpegQuality = 0) and I can’t get a PDF with a lower weight.
If I try to convert it using Word, I can get a PDF that weights 500Kb-900Kb.

Hello

Thanks for your request. Unfortunately, it is difficult to say what the reason of the problem is without the document. I need this document to reproduce the problem on my side.
It is safe to attach files in the forum. If you attach your document here, only you and Aspose staff members can download it. Moreover, you can make this thread private. In this case, nobody except you and Aspose staff will be able to see this thread.
Also you can send the file to my e-mail as described here:
https://forum.aspose.com/t/aspose-words-faq/2711
Which version of Aspose.Words you are using? Could you please try using the latest version of Aspose.Words and let me know how it goes on your side?
Best regards,

Hi Ismael,
You can also remove any sensitive information by replacing it with dummy data instead.
Thanks,

I have th same type of issues with Aspose PDF conversions with all the MS Office file types. For example, I have a. XLS that is 150 KB. When I use the Aspose.Cells.Workbook.Save(“myFile”, Aspose.Cells.SaveFormat.Pdf) method, the resulting PDF is 240 KB. Contrast this with using the Adobe Acrobat menu in Excel, and I get a resulting PDF that is 23KB.
These numbers are very different, and I would like to know how to get the Adobe efficiency using the Aspose products.

Hi Kyle,
Thanks for your inquiry.
Are you having the same issue using Aspose.Words as well? If so, could you please attach your template here for testing. If this issue is only occuring with .xls files then I will pass you over to the Cells teams so they can assist you better.
Thanks,