Pdf or Pdf Kit

I’m evaluating which product to get for pdf work. For this web app there will be about 4 forms that users can fill out. I was thinking of using acrobat forms for this. I would convert their existing word docs into pdf’s and add the form fields using Acrobat. I’d need to pre-populate some of the fields on the form when the user views it (current date, fields that have already been filled out on the other forms during user’s session, etc). I would also need to take the completed form and add it to an encrypted email (already have a component to do this).

Hi,

Thank you for considering Aspose.

I don't know which part of your work will be done by hand and which part via API. If you want to convert Word to Pdf via API, you can use Aspose.Words and Aspose.Pdf. But fields in Word can't be converted into fields in Pdf in the current version. The Aspose.Words team are working on this issue and this feature will soon be available. If you want to fill form fileld in Pdf via API, you can use Aspose.Pdf.Kit. Creating fields on existing Pdf is also supported in Aspose.Pdf.Kit.

If you have other questions, please post here. We will be more than glad to help you.

No, I would convert the word docs to pdf using Acrobat and use Acrobat to create the form fields. I just need to be able to fill in certain fields at run time and then save a completed form so that I can encrypt it and email it from the web site.

Then you need only Aspose.Pdf.Kit.

If I create form fields in a pdf form and then it’s viewed in the browser by a user who fills it out. How can that be saved so that Aspose.Pdf can then send it through email? Or does the pdf have to be posted to a page that then refills the form based on what they entered? I’m just trying a quick test and when I fill in the fields and try to save, Reader is telling me it can only save a blank version and that it needs to be printed. I am not very familiar with acrobat forms yet so I hope you can point me in the right direction. I saw this working where the user would click a link to bring up the pdf form, fill it out, and then somehow give it back to Aspose.Pdf to be attached to email.

Dear customer,

1)The general pdf document created by Adobe Professional can't be filled by free Adobe Reader. Only those created by Adobe Acrobat Standard version or others can be filled by Reader, but Adobe Acrobat Standard version is very exspensive. The sample file is juse like www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/fw9.pdf.
2)You can buy Adobe Acrobat Standard version to create the Reader-fillable pdf. Or (3).
3)You can still use the general pdf. But you need to capture the input of every field and then fill them into the corresponding fields through Aspose.Pdf.Kit.

Best regards.

Thanks. I think you mean I need the Pro version though since Pro is more expensive than Standard. I was able to create a test from in Pro that I could fill out with reader but I didn’t know what to set it to so that it could then send it’s data to pdf kit. Cause even with the reader-fillable wouldn’t it just be posting it’s data back to an asp.net page to then be plugged into a pdf template to be emailed? I think I’m leaning towards #3 but just not sure if I’ll need to make an asp.net form to fill out the data or the pdf itself.

Dear customer,

The following is my suggestions:

1) In the attachment, I have uploaded the picture of setting a "submit" property to a button. By pushing the button, the user can submit the fields' value to the pdf or fdf. But the pdf template must be fillable in Adobe Reader.

2) If you choose # 3, you need to get the fields' name and value pair like (name, value), and then fill them into the pdf template with Aspose.Pdf.Kit.

In conclusion, it is not easy to be implemented by API directly. But I have another solution that you could create a html which has the same form field and other content as the pdf file, and get the user's input and at last fill these input into the pdf. Maybe this is the easiest and cheapest way to implement your requirements.

Any more discussion is welcome.

Best regards.