PDF output is blank or incorrect for charts of type - histogram- waterfall- funnel- treemap- sunburst and box & whisker

Hello,

I am using Aspose.Cells v17.5.5 to generate PDF of following types of charts:
  1. Treemap
  2. Sunburst
  3. Histogram
  4. Funnel
  5. Waterfall
  6. Box & Whisker
In the PDF output, the chart area is blank in case of charts of type - ‘Histogram’, ‘Funnel’, ‘Sunburst’ and ‘Box & Whisker’. The chart area is incorrect in case of charts of type - ‘Waterfall’ and ‘Treemap’.

Following code is used to generate the output:
Workbook workbook = new Workbook(“test.xlsx”);
WorksheetCollection ws = workbook.getWorksheets();
String worksheetName = “Sheet1”;
Chart chart = ws.get(worksheetName).getCharts().get(“histogram”);
chart.toPdf(“D:\histogram.pdf”);

Can you please look into this.

Thanks,
Neha

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

We are afraid, rendering of Excel 2016 chart is not supported at the moment. But you can read and manipulate them at the moment.

Please see this article for more help.

We have logged a New Feature request for this issue

• CELLSJAVA-42310 - Support Rendering of Excel 2016 Charts

@Neha_Gautam

Thanks for using Aspose APIs.

Please download and try the following fix and let us know your feedback.

FYI:

Please try 17.7.5 for Sunburst.

Histogram, Funnel and “Box & Whisker” is not supported now. We need more time to look into them.

Hi,

I am unable to access the latest version of Aspose.Cells v17.7.5 from the dropbox link provided here. Can you please share the file here directly.

Moreover, I am unable to view the documents that I had attached when I posted this issue. Can you please let me know how to access those attachments.

Thanks,
Neha

@Neha_Gautam

We are afraid, those documents are now inaccessible because we could not migrate everything to new forums smoothly. Many other migration bugs as well are being fixed at the moment. Hopefully, this issue will also be fixed if possible.

Please download all these 3 parts and place them in some empty folder (or any other folder) and then right click any of it and extract its contents using WinRAR tool. Please check the screenshot below for more help.

Download Parts Links
1.rar.zip (2.5 MB)
2.rar.zip (2.5 MB)
3.rar.zip (1.1 MB)

How to Extract - Screenshot
sc.png (52.2 KB)

Hello,

As per a separate thread of our issues, you have mentioned that the following issue has been resolved.

• CELLSJAVA-42310 - Support Rendering of Excel 2016 Charts

But this issue is still not completely fixed in Aspose.Cells v17.8. Following chart types are still not supported:

• Histogram
  • Funnel
  • Box & Whisker

PFA the PDF outputs for the above chart types:
aspose response_histogram_17.8.pdf (24.4 KB)
aspose response_funnel_17.8.pdf (23.3 KB)
aspose response_box and whisker_17.8.pdf (24.7 KB)

Can you please analyse this.

Thanks,
Neha

@Neha_Gautam,

We did not mention that the issue (logged earlier as “CELLSJAVA-42310”) is completely fixed.
FYI,
A few charts e.g Sunburst is supported for rendering. But still ‘Histogram’, ‘Funnel’, and 'Box & Whisker are not supported. We surely need more time to support these charts for rendering. Once we support these charts, we will update you.

Thank you.

@Neha_Gautam,

This is to inform you that we have fixed your issue (logged as “CELLSJAVA-42310”) now. We will soon provide you the fixed version after performing QA and incorporating other enhancements and fixes.