PDF output puts in what appears to be double spaces/inconsistent spacing

As per the following link, I have seen a similar behaviour using ASPOSE.cells.java. Verdana bold text displays OK, Verdana normal weight shows double spacing.

https://forum.aspose.com/t/122728

According to the post, this bug has been fixed in the ASPOSE.cells.net.

Can you tell me what version of ASPOSE.cells.java includes this fix? I have looked at the release logs for the java version but cannot see this bug identified.

Hi,

We are not sure about if the issue, that you have mentioned in your post for .Net, has ever been reported in our Java component as well. It usually happens that an issue that raises in .Net, is automatically taken care of in our Java version as well, without the issue being explicitly raised for Java.

Can you tell us the version of Aspose.Cells for Java that you are using? We recommend you to please download and use this latest fix: Aspose.Cells for Java v7.2.1.8 and let us know your feedback.

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells for Java.

Since, we now port Aspose.Cells for .NET code into Aspose.Cells for Java code, so whatever bug is fixed in Aspose.Cells for .NET is automatically get fixed in Aspose.Cells for Java too.

So, most probably, your bug has already been fixed in the latest version:
Aspose.Cells
for Java v7.2.1.8
Please download and use it. Let us know your feedback.

We are running 7.2.0.4.

I attach a screen grab of the issue from the PDF so you can confirm that the issue is the same.

The Excel workbook that the PDF generates from looks fine, and generating a PDF direct from Excel does not exhibit the problem.

Many thanks for your quick response.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Could you please also provide us the source xls/xlsx file which you are converting to Pdf, so that we could test your issue quickly and report to development team.

Thanks for your help.

As requested, please find attached the XLS template and the resultant PDF as run through 7.2.0.4.

Hi,

Thanks for your input file.

It is probably because you have not set the font directory.

Could you please set your font directory and then recreate the pdf? Let us know your results.

You can set font directory using CellsHelper.setFontDir(arg0) method.

Please also see the output pdf at our end. Double spacing issue does not appear, I copied the text to notepad and checked, double space does not exist.