PDF printing issues - Fonts Updated

Hi,

While doing development I am facing some printing issues. Please check attached excel and pdf sheet. I found that the size of the font in pdf increased because of this reason margin from top and bottom are less and some content is missed and changed (images) while printing. Please check and let me know what can be done to resolve this issue.

Thanks.

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

I have tested your issue with the latest version: Aspose.Cells for Java v17.3.7 with the following code and the output pdf looks OK. Please try the latest version and let us know your feedback.

If your issue still occurs with the latest version, then please highlight your issues either by adding comments inside the pdf or with red circles inside some screenshots. It will also be good, if you provide us expected pdf by creating it manually using Microsoft Excel Save As menu command.

Please also gather all of your fonts and put them inside some folder, zip it and provide them to us.

Java
Workbook wb = new Workbook(dirPath + “PDF14_CoverSheet.xlsx”);
wb.save(dirPath + “output-” + CellsHelper.getVersion() + “.pdf”);

Hi,

I am still getting the same issues. I have used the new jar 17.3.2 as you mentioned. Please check attached excel file, expected pdf and the pdf which I am getting after using aspose jar file. Please check font files also in the folder. I want to let you know that I am using java version 1.8.0_111 and Adobe Acrobat Reader DC (15.023.20070). Please check and let me know how to resolve this issue. I am in urgent need of this.

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells for Java.

We were able to observe your mentioned issues and logged them in our database for investigation and for a fix.

These issues have been logged as

• CELLSJAVA-42241 - Excel to PDF - Brackets are coming in next line
  • CELLSJAVA-42242 - Excel to PDF - Circle looks like Oval Shape
  • CELLSJAVA-42243 - Excel to PDF - Square looks like Rectangle
  • CELLSJAVA-42244 - Excel to PDF - Contents are missing from the end and start of the page

Hi,

The last point(CELLSJAVA-42244 ) is due to my own java code. This is fixed now but the other issues are still exist.
Thanks.

Hi,

Thanks for the update and considering Aspose.Cells.

As per your suggestion, we will close this issue i.e. CELLSJAVA-42244 as Won’t Fix. For your other issues, please spare us some time. Once, there is some news about them, we will share it with you by posting on this thread.

Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells.

This is to inform you that we have fixed your following two issues at the moment. We will soon provide the fix after performing QA and including other enhancements and fixes.

• CELLSJAVA-42242 - Excel to PDF - Circle looks like Oval Shape
  • CELLSJAVA-42243 - Excel to PDF - Square looks like Rectangle

Hi,

Please download and try the following latest fix: Aspose.Cells for Java v17.3.8 and let us know your feedback.
It fixes your two of your above mentioned issues i.e. CELLSJAVA-42242, CELLSJAVA-42243.

Hi,

It is to update you that the fix provided in the previous post has also fixed your third issue i.e.

• CELLSJAVA-42241 - Excel to PDF - Brackets are coming in next line

Thanks it works. :slight_smile:

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback and using Aspose.Cells.

It is good to know that your issue is resolved with the latest fix. Let us know if you encounter any other issue, we will be glad to look into it and help you further.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSJAVA-42243;CELLSJAVA-42242;CELLSJAVA-42241) have been fixed in Aspose.Cells for Java 17.4.0.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

Hi,

I have used the new jar and all the image related issues got resolved. Thanks for this. I need to place aspose license file in server. Can we give absolute/dynamic path to set the license file. In my local environment it is taking the path by default by using these line of code.
License license = new License();
license.setLicense(“Aspose.Cells.lic”); But is server environemnt it is not able to find license file. As there is default path for fonts in /usr/share/fonts is there is any default path for license file as well. Please reply asap.

Hi,

Please note, by default, Aspose.Cells will try to find the license in the following locations:

1. Explicit path you set in code.

2. The current working directory of the java application.

3. The folder that contains the Aspose.Cells component main JAR file.

4. The folder that contains the client’s calling JAR file.

Thank you.

Hi,
We are using aspose license copy. I found some issue reg. wrapping up of text.
Please check attached xls file. while converting using aspose some text is coming in next line. The requirement is to show the content in that line. Please check. Thanks for your help.
Please fontIssue.zip (106.8 KB)

@ujjwaltripathi311

We will look into this and update you asap.

@ujjwaltripathi311

We have generated the pdf with your Excel file using the following code but we only saw the issue partially not precisely. Please download the output Pdf and add comments inside it so that we log your issue in our database for investigation and for a fix.

Download Link:
out.pdf (111.5 KB)

Java

Workbook wb = new Workbook(dirPath + "PDF14_CoverSheet.xlsx");

wb.calculateFormula();

PdfSaveOptions opts = new PdfSaveOptions();
opts.setOnePagePerSheet(true);

wb.save(dirPath + "out.pdf", opts);

pdf_share.pdf (113.0 KB)
I have inputTemplate.zip (53.1 KB)
Please check input template xlsx and pdf file in attachment.

@ujjwaltripathi311

Thanks for using Aspose APIs.

We were able to observe this issue and logged it in our database for investigation and for a fix. Once, the issue is resolved or we have some other news for you, we will let you know asap.

This issue has been logged as

• CELLSJAVA-42396 - Wrapping up of text while rendering to Pdf - Some text is coming in next line

@ujjwaltripathi311

Download Link:
Download Files.zip (178.4 KB)

Our text wrap is same as MS-Excel, see attachmentPDF14_CoverSheet_Ms.pdf” saved by Microsoft Excel 2016.

Because the workbook’s default font is Calibri 11 (you can check it with our API Workbook.getDefaultStyle().getFont()), you should set the Microsoft Excel’s edit language to “English”, see attachmentscreenshot.png