PDF produced by Aspose.Words cannot be opened in Adobe Acrobat DC

Hi @awais.hafeez Im facing the same problem but with a password protected pdf, on google pdf view, it opens but on adobe acrobat reader it doesn’t openScreenshot 2021-11-12 150715.png (6.9 KB)

@Tikane Could you please attach your source MS Word document along with the problematic output PDF document? We will check the issue and provide you more information.

Hi @alexey.noskov here is the ms word document
Merge document.docx (243.8 KB)

output error:Screenshot 2021-11-12 150715.png (6.9 KB)

pdf: Merge document (12).pdf (551.5 KB)
password is: 5510094800086

@Tikane As I can see the problematic PDF document was produced or processed by Aspose.Pdf. I tried converting and encrypting your document using the latest version of Aspose.Words and the resulting document can be successfully opened in Adobe Acrobat DC. I used the following code for conversion:

Document doc = new Document(@"C:\Temp\in.docx");

PdfEncryptionDetails encryptionDetails =
    new PdfEncryptionDetails("5510094800086", string.Empty, PdfEncryptionAlgorithm.RC4_128);

PdfSaveOptions opt = new PdfSaveOptions();
opt.EncryptionDetails = encryptionDetails;

doc.Save(@"C:\Temp\out.pdf", opt);

Hi @alexey.noskov the code you shared works, but Im currently saving the document on a memoryStream as a “.docx” and loading the document from the memoryStream then saving it as a pdfProtected, but the file gets corrupted.

image.png (7.5 KB)

@Tikane Could you please share your code that will allow us to reproduce the problem? We will check the issue and provide you more information.

sorry @alexey.noskov I confused the logic, the code works fine. thank you very much :grinning:

@Tikane It is perfect that everything works fine now. Please feel free to ask in case of any issues.