PDF Producer property of generated pdf file shows additional data

Hi,

We are evaluating aspose for our pdf generator, I have below question regarding the pdf generated.

I have tried generating the pdf file using aspose pdf, the generated pdf file properity “PDF Producer” is displayed with iText along with Aspose as shown in the screenshot.
PDF Producer: Aspose.Pdf for Java 102.0; modified by iText 2.1.7 by 1T3XT
Would like to know if this is relevant to Aspose. or any additional data displayed.

Please confirm on this.

Thanks,
Shivaji

Hi Shivaji,

Thanks for contacting support.

When generating / manipulating any PDF document with Aspose.Pdf for Java, the PDF Producer information is added in PDF file information. However it appears that PDF file was created with Aspose.Pdf for Java and then modified using iText and iText embedded its information along with Aspose.Pdf for Java.

In order to resolve this issue, you may consider opening the file using Aspose.Pdf for Java and without making any changes, save the file over system.

Hi,

Thank you for the information!

We are not using the iText for manipulation of pdf file generated with Aspose.words. and used aspose pdf to update the generated pdf file.

Actually we were using itext for our pdf generator, now we are migrating to Aspose as our pdf generator. Please let me know if there are any references exist on the server, the itext string appended.

Thanks.
Shivaji

Hi Shivaji,

Thanks for sharing the details.

We haven’t noticed any scenario where PDF producer information from earlier vendor stays there, once the file has been manipulated / updated by Aspose.Pdf for Java. However can you please share some sample PDF files generated with iText so that we can test the scenario in our environment. We are sorry for this inconvenience.