PDF rendering issues with files over network

Hello:

I am writing a ASP.NET application that converts Word documents into PDF, merges them and then displays them in the browser. I have been successfully able to do this when the Word files are in the folders that my web pages are in. However, for our production system I will need to access these files off of a network share. When I try to open and convert the files from the share I do not get any errors but the files are not rendering correctly. I am seeing this sort of display in the browser:

%PDF-1.6 %���� 5 0 obj <> stream x�]PMo� �#�|�UJ�n��jU)�}h�~’CZrȿ���������~.���6:@���l0@���8��K�{m(a ����’a�()���ǀCm:KIUA��c�3lNʶ�Y�^�צ����I�fr�a4v�p ���U�71 Y��Ud�0o���kv�%����U8:!� �c\d���qJШG�qѵ������1�lE��^�z>��̵�2��0��’�{����N�d�� h��k;��n }?z� endstream endobj 

Again, this works when the files are in the same folder or even a subfolder of where my web code is just not when they are pulled from across the network from another server. Is there any way I can handle this in my code to make the files render correctly?

Thanks!

Hello

Thanks for your inquiry. Could you please provide the code which you use to get the document across the network?
Best regards,

Here is my code:

protected void MergePDFandDisplay(string[] vwjobs)
{
    int index = vwjobs.Length;
    string reportsfolder = ConfigurationManager.AppSettings["ReportsFolder"].ToString();
    SqlConnection objConn = new SqlConnection();
    SqlCommand objCmd = new SqlCommand();
    objConn.ConnectionString = ConfigurationManager.ConnectionStrings["DBConnection"].ConnectionString;
    objConn.Open();
    objCmd.Connection = objConn;
    objCmd.CommandText = "select ......"
        SqlDataReader rdr = objCmd.ExecuteReader();
    // open the reader, get the info and close as soon as possible. We do not want to leave the db connections open.
    ArrayList filePaths = new ArrayList();
    while (rdr.Read())
    {
        filePaths.Add(reportsfolder + rdr["CustomerID"] + "\\" + rdr["Date"] + "\\" + rdr["DocumentID"]);
    };
    rdr.Close();
    objConn.Close();
    string[] paths = new string[index];
    filePaths.CopyTo(paths, 0);
    // declare an array list to hold our memory streams. For ASPOSE methods.
    ArrayList myList = new ArrayList();
    MemoryStream[] streams = new MemoryStream[index]; //size of our num of jobs
    MemoryStream inStream; //for each individual job
                           // for each job go out and convert it to PDF. Do not write to disk. Save this into a MemoryStream foreach (string p in paths)
    {
        // write our converted stream into our inStream variable then add it to our ArrayList
        inStream = new MemoryStream(CreatePDFStream(p).GetBuffer());
        myList.Add(inStream);
    }
    // copy the array list to the MemoryStream array. Needed for the ASPOSE methods.
    myList.CopyTo(streams, 0);
    // Create our output stream which will hold our merged PDF
    MemoryStream outStream = new MemoryStream();
    // ASPOSE object to concatenate the PDF streams into our 1 single outStream MemoryStream try{
    PdfFileEditor pdfEditor = new PdfFileEditor();
    pdfEditor.Concatenate(streams, outStream);
    outStream.Close();
}
catch (Exception e)
{
    Response.Write(e.ToString());
    Response.End();
}
// Set the appropriate ContentType and wrrite the stream to the browser.
Response.ContentType = "Application/pdf";
Response.BinaryWrite(outStream.GetBuffer());
Response.End();
}
protected MemoryStream CreatePDFStream(string faspath)
{
    string documentid = faspath.Substring(faspath.Length - 12);
    MemoryStream currstream = new MemoryStream();
    Document currdoc;
    try
    {
        currdoc = new Document(File.OpenRead(faspath)); //faspath is reading from a share such as\\sharename\folder1\folder2\WordDoc1.DOC. This works if I read from my web code folders. Such as, Server.MapPath("TemFolder\\WordDoc1.DOC") and it works.
        currdoc.Save(currstream, SaveFormat.Pdf);
    }
    catch (Exception e)
    {
        Response.Write(e.ToString());
        Response.End();
    }
    return currstream;
}

Hello

Thank you for additional information. I cannot reproduce the problem on my side using the latest version Aspose.Words and Aspose.Pdf.Kit. I use the same code as you provide, my file path looks like the following @"\192.168.0.1\temp\1.doc". Could you please create simple application which will allow me to reproduce the problem on my side?
Best regards,