PDF rendition webservice

Hi,

I am evaluating Aspose.total for java for writing a generic web service for rendering any document (MS office formats, html, rtf, various image formats i.e. bmp, jpg,) into PDF?

So here is what I am looking for:
  1. A generic code that can handle selected (or all) formats without identifying type of file (based on file extension)
  2. Where a generic code can be written implementing Aspose.total for java for the above.
  3. Sample code if any
Thanks,
Manish

Hello Manish,

Thanks for considering Aspose.

I am a representative from Aspose.Pdf team. This component is used to generate PDF documents from scratch. You can use its API, convert an Image file into PDF format or even can transform an XML document into PDF format (please make sure that the source XML must be in Aspose.Pdf compatible format). Regarding your requirement on converting Image files into PDF format, you can use this component to accomplish it. For more related information, please visit How to Convert an Image to PDF. If you need to convert a simple Text file into PDF format, please visit Converting text file to PDF. I am afraid the feature of converting HTML pages into PDF format is currently not supported. The problem is already logged in our issue tracking system as PDFJAVA-17971. Once we have some updates regarding its resolution, we would be pleased to update you with the status of correction. We apologize for your inconvenience.

In order to convert MS office files and RTF format into PDF format, you need to use our other components. Please find below the details about each of them.

Aspose.Words is a component which is used to generate/manipulate/convert Word documents into various output formats. It also supports the feature of converting the word file into PDF formats. For more information, please visit How-to: Convert a Document to PDF. You may also use it to convert .RTF files into PDF format.

Aspose.Cells is a component which is used to generate/manipulate/convert MS Excel workbooks into various output formats. It also supports the feature of converting the word file into PDF format. For more information, please visit Converting to PDF Files

Aspose.Slides is a component which is used to generate/manipulate/convert MS PowerPoint Presentations into various output formats. It also supports the feature of converting the word file into PDF format. For more information, please visit Converting to PDF File

In order to identify the file type, you can programmatically check the file extension and call the respective code to convert the specific file into PDF format. In case you have any further query, please feel free to contact.