PDF resaved to PDF/A-1b results in background of page 1 image in dark blue

We are using your toolkit to remove metadata from PDFs and/or change the PDF to a Secure PDF or PDF/A. One of our clients had a document, that unfortunately I do not have permission to submit, where processing into a PDF/A altered background image of a text box on the first page. Processing this file to just remove metadata or output as a Secure PDF did not alter the PDF. Only output to PDF/A is the problem.

I’m unable to export our client’s sample PDF to a PDF/A from within
Adobe Acrobat Pro 9. Running their Preflight Profile for a PDF/A-1b
finds errors so I’m wondering if the Adobe’s inability to create the
PDF/A is related to Aspose producing this anomaly.

First question: Do PDF/A produced by Aspose pass “Verify Conformance” run from Adobe? It appears many I’ve been testing do not. I’m not sure how important Adobe’s “conformance” is for courts that require submission of PDF/A documents.

Second question: The resulting PDF/A is coming out 4 times as large as the original. Is there a way to compress?

Thanks,
Kristen

Hi Kristen,

Thanks for your inquiry.

KTechnogal:

First question: Do PDF/A produced by Aspose pass "Verify Conformance" run from Adobe? It appears many I've been testing do not. I'm not sure how important Adobe's "conformance" is for courts that require submission of PDF/A documents.

Please note we follow Adobe standards in Aspose.Pdf API and we recommend Adobe Preflight for PDF/A compliance verification because Adobe is in the center of all which are connected with PDF.

KTechnogal:

Second question: The resulting PDF/A is coming out 4 times as large as the original. Is there a way to compress?

You may used Aspose.Pdf for .Net for optimizing the PDF file. Please check Optimize PDF file size documentation for the purpose. Hopefully it will help you to reduce the file size.

Please feel free to contact us for any further assistnace.

Best Regards,

Thanks. I’ve passed into on to my developer. Any thoughts on the blue background that appears when converting to PDF/A?

Hi Kristen,

Thanks for your feedback. I am afraid we cannot suggest you anything about PDF/A conversion issue without replicate it at our end. We will appreciate if you please share a sample PDF document here, so we will test the scenario at our end and will guide you accordingly.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Best Regards,

Hi Kristen,

Thanks for sharing source document. While testing the scenario with the latest version of Aspose.Pdf for .NET 9.4.0, we have managed to reproduce the reported issue and logged it in our bug tracking system as PDFNEWNET-37271 for further investigation and resolution. We will notify you via this thread as soon as it is resolved.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Best Regards,

Just wanted to pass on some info: This was NOT a problem in your version 8.8. Our product is using v 9.1 and our developer downloaded v 9.4 and both have the issue with the background changing color with creating a PDF/A.

Thanks,
Kristen

Hi Kristen,

Thanks for your feedback. Yes we have already noticed the issue in Aspose.Pdf for .NET 9.4.0. However we have a good news for you that your reported issue has been fixed in upcoming release of Aspose.Pdf for .NET i.e. 9.6.0. It will be published in September, 2014. However, as soon as it is released we will notify you via this forum thread.

Thanks for your patience and cooperation.

Best Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNEWNET-37271) have been fixed in Aspose.Pdf for .NET 9.6.0.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.