PDF save is not working in Windows server 2003 r2

Hi,

We faced "out of memory exception" error in our solution while trying to export around 1700 pages by using of Aspose pdf .save() method. (Aspose PDF version 3.9.0.0)

as we checked your following forum ,we found that it was the bug in Aspose PDF and it resolved in Aspose Kit 5.4.0.

<A title=blocked::https://forum.aspose.com/t/111986.

As we have been using Aspose PDF , we have tried the Aspose dll 5.4.0.0 instead Aspose Kit 5.4.0.0.

But In Testing with Dll Aspose PDF 5.4.0.0 in local dev environment ,It is succesfully getting exported as PDF with 1700 pages in 15 mins . But we deployed the same code with Aspose PDF 5.4.0.0 dll in Windows Server 2003 * R2, The application has been in same position after start to save and its not getting exported even after 1 hours.and during the period server CPU usage is showing as 100%.

Could you please help us to resolve the issue in server.

Please see the screen shot.

Note : As we are licensed user if you need let me send our license number also.

Thanks,

Priya

Hello Priya,

Thanks for using our products.

Can you please share the code snippet/sample project so that we can test the scenario at our end. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Hi ,

Please find the below steps to replicate the issue.

1. convert the datatable which has( 4000 rows and 7 cloumn) into aspose pdf through

pdfTable.ImportDataTable(dt, true, 0, 0, dt.Rows.Count + 1, dt.Columns.Count);

2.Then save the pdf into one physical location by

pdf.Save(path + fullReportName);

Please let me know if you need any other information.

please confirm whether are we using right DLL and is it ok to use the same dll in server as it is working fine in local.

Thanks,

Priya

Hello Priya,

Thanks for contacting support.

I have tested the scenario using Aspose.Pdf for .NET 5.4.0 over Windows 7 Professional X64 and the conversion process is taking around 11 Minutes and 37 seconds to generate a PDF document of 2501 pages. The size of resultant PDF is around 4.60 MB. My system is Intel Corei5 2.8Ghz with 8GB of RAM. I have used Visual Studio 2010 ultimate to test the scenario. I have placed a table with 50,000 rows where each row has 7 columns.

Besides this, I have also tested the scenario using Aspose.Pdf for .NET 6.1.0 over system specified above and the conversion process took around 9 minutes 49 seconds to generate a PDF document of 2501 pages. Size of resultant PDF is same.

In an other attempt, I have tested the same scenario over WindowsXP SP3 in Visual Studio 2005 project and I have used Aspose.Pdf for .NET 5.4.0 and the conversion process took around 1 hour and 14 Minutes to generate the PDF. This system is Intel Core2Duo 1.8Ghz with 2.5 GB of RAM. I have logged this issue as PDFNET-29967 in our issue tracking system. We will further look into the details of this problem to see how we can improve the performance in this particular scenario.

I am trying to replicate the issue over Windows 2003 Server Standard edition and soon I will update you with my findings over this system. The code snippet which I have used for testing is in attachment.

As per my current understanding, the PDF generation is directly dependent upon
system resources. Can you please share some details regarding your
working environment ?

Please find the deatils of our server.

Microsoft Windows Server 2003 R2

Enterprise edition

Service back2

3.75 GB ram

Dual-Core AMD

Processor speed 2.99Ghz

Visual studio 2010

Framework 4.0

Hello Priya,

Thanks for sharing the details. We are working over this query and will get back to you soon. We apologize for the delay and inconvenience.

Hi,

I have deployed the code which you used for testing and tested the same in my server.

It is also not working in server.But working fine in dev environment.

I have attached the sample project solution file with this thread.

Thanks,

Priya

Is there any update on this issue.

Hi Priya,

As this issue is logged recently, our team still needs to investigate it in detail. Please spare us some time for further investigation and you’ll be updated with the result accordingly.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience and appreciate your cooperation.
Regards,

HI,

Is there any update on this thread. as it is very high priority we are waiting for your reply.

Thanks,

Priya

Hi Priya,

Thanks for your patience. We have made some progress towards the resolution of this problem but I am afraid the PDF generation is still taking quite sometime. Nevertheless the development team is working hard to improve the performance and reduce the PDF generation time and once we have made significant progress in this matter, we would be more than happy to update you with the status of correction. You patience is highly appreciated in this regard. We are sorry for your inconvenience.

HI,

Thanks for your update. meanwhile would there be any workaround where we can split the recordset and load it in small chunks to PDF file.

Thanks

Priya

Hi Priya,

Thanks for your patience. Do you think it will be feasible for you to split your datasource into chunks, import each chunk using Table.ImportDataTable method and once all these individual documents with smaller chunk of data are generated, you may concatenate them into single resultant PDF file. I am not sure if it will for you but you may try using it. In the event of any further query, please feel free to contact. You may visit the following link for instructions on how to Concatenate PDF Files.