Pdf signing with a X509Certificate from a certificate store

Hello,

I’m doing a trade study of .NET PDF APIs. One of our primary needs is to be able to digitally sign a PDF using a X509Certificate2 from the certificate store that is pulled from a smart card. I see in multiple posts that people have referenced PDFNEWNET-37412. Has this issue not been resolved?

Thanks,

–David

@david.weldon,
Aspose.Pdf API does not support the creation of signature objects (PKCS1, PKCS7, etc) with passing X509Certificate2 and only applies to input parameter PFX files. You may try to convert X509Certificate2 object into PFX object with following code snippet:

[C#]

var cert = new X509Certificate2(Request.GetClientCertificate());
byte[] data = cert.Export(X509ContentType.Pfx, "password");
File.WriteAllBytes("MyCerts.pfx", data);

In order to sign a PDF document using a certificate with non-exportable private key, we have logged an enhancement under the ticket PDFNET-37412 in our issue tracking system. We have linked your post to this ticket and will keep you informed regarding any available updates.

Best Regards,
Imran Rafique

Thank you Imran. That’s very unfortunate since that means you don’t support signing from a smart card. Most of the other products I have looked at do already support this. It seems like it would be wise to prioritize PDFNET-37412 in your issue tracking system. Do you happen to have a timeline on when this might occur?

Thanks,

–David

@david.weldon,
Thank you for the inquiry. It is pending for the review and not resolved yet. We have logged an ETA request under the same ticket ID PDFNET-37412. We will let you know once a significant progress has been made in this regard.

Best Regards,
Imran Rafique