PDF table rows overlap each other if table goes over a page

Hello

I have an issue when a table goes over a page long. The first two rows on the new page seem to render on top of each other (see attached screenshot and Output.pdf).

I don’t think I am doing anything to fancy. It seems to be related to setting the PageMarginTop and PageMarginBottom values in the section. If I leave these out it seems to render OK.

Any help appreciated. I just upgraded to the latest version of Aspose.Pdf: 8.9.0.0 (.net 3.5 version).

Cheers,
Dave

Code (XML is attached):
public bool ExportTestPdf()
{
Pdf pdf = new Pdf();
XmlDocument pdfXml = new XmlDocument();
pdfXml.LoadXml(Resources.TestPdf);
pdf.BindXML(pdfXml, null);

Section sectionMain = pdf.Sections[“SectionMain”];

Table questionTable = (Table)sectionMain.Paragraphs[“QuestionTable”];

Row baseHeaderRow = questionTable.Rows[“Header”];
questionTable.Rows.Remove(baseHeaderRow);

Row baseRow = questionTable.Rows[“BaseRow”];
questionTable.Rows.Remove(baseRow);

for (int i = 0; i < 80; i++)
{
if (i % 20 == 0)
{
Row rowHeader = (Row)baseHeaderRow.CompleteClone();

Segment headerText = ((Text)rowHeader.Cells[“QuestionHeaderCell”].Paragraphs[“QuestionHeaderLabel”]).Segments[0];

headerText.Content = "Some Topic: " + i;

questionTable.Rows.Add(rowHeader);
}

Row row = (Row)baseRow.CompleteClone();

Segment questionText = ((Text)row.Cells[“QuestionCell”].Paragraphs[“QuestionLabel”]).Segments[0];

questionText.Content = "This is a question: " + i;

questionTable.Rows.Add(row);
}

string filename = “Output.pdf”;

pdf.Save(filename, SaveType.OpenInAcrobat, HttpContext.Current.Response);

return true;
}

Hello Dave,

Thanks for contacting support.

I hae tested the scenario using Aspose.Pdf for .NET 8.9.1 where I have used the code snippet shared above and as per my observations, I am getting System.Xml.XmlException: Data at the root level is invalid. Line 1, position 1 during conversion process. Can you please double check at your end. We are sorry for this inconvenience.

Hi Nayyer

I have downloaded 8.9.1 (not sure why it wasn’t in the Aspose Total I downloaded yesterday?) and tried with the XML I provided without any errors. I do not know why you are getting the errors.

I will send you a private message with my test ASP.NET project…

Thanks!

Cheers,
Dave

Hi Nayyer

Hopefully I sent the project attachment via an email. Please let me know if you received it or not.

Thanks!

Cheers,
Dave

Hi Dave,

Thanks for sharing the project. I am working on testing the scenario using new project and will share my findings shortly.

Hello Dave,

Thanks for your patience.

I have tested the scenario and I am able to
notice the same problem. For the sake of correction, I have logged this problem
as PDFNEWNET-36461 in our issue tracking system. We will further
look into the details of this problem and will keep you updated on the status
of correction. Please be patient and spare us little time. We are sorry for
this inconvenience.

Thanks!

Looking forward to getting this resolved quickly.

Cheers,
Dave

Hello Dave,

As soon as we have some further updates, we will update you within this forum thread.

Hello

Just seeing how this is going? We would like to release the pdf generation ASAP, but have this formatting issue holding it back.

Looking forward to seeing this resolved in the very near future!

Thanks.

Cheers,
Dave

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your inquiry. We have recorded your concern and also shared it with the development team. We will keep you updated about the issue resolution progress via this forum thread.

Thanks for your patience and cooperation.

Best Regards,

Hello Again

Just chasing up on this again. It has been a month now and I haven’t heard when this would be looked at (even an indication of expected time frame).

We have recently renewed our subscription with Aspose in order to have access to support and updates. We will be using this experience to help us decide if we will renew our subscription in the future. So far it has not been great…

Looking forward to your response! Thanks.

Cheers,
Dave

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your patience.

The development team has been busy resolving other priority issues and I
am afraid the issue reported earlier is not yet resolved. Furthermore, please note that you
have reported issue under normal/free support forum and as a normal rule
of practice, issues are resolved in first come and first serve basis; but the
problems logged/reported under Enterprise or Priority support model, have high
precedence in terms of resolution, as compare to issues under normal/free
support model.

As soon as we have some definite updates regarding its resolution, we
would be more than happy to update you with the status of correction. Please be
patient and spare us little more time.

Hello

Thanks for your reply. I understand that we did not sign up for priority support so do not expect to jump the queue.

What would be useful is to be given an indication of time frames though. Even if it is the number of same priority issues to be fixed before this one and on average how many you clear a day.

Also even though we are in the normal/free support forum we have paid several thousands of dollars in subscription fees.If we do not deem to get value for money from this forum (i.e. issues fixed in a timely manner) we will not renew in future.

Looking forward to having this issue resolved soon!

Thanks!

Cheers,
Dave

Hi Dave,

The development team has started investigating this problem and I have also asked them to share the possible ETA. As soon as we have made some definite progress towards its resolution, we would be more than happy to update you with the status of correction.

Please be patient and spare us little time.

Hello

Thanks for this. Looking forward to getting this sorted.

Cheers,
Dave

Hello

I am just checking up on this again. As the development team started looking at this around 4 weeks ago I can only assume that this is finished and must be awaiting to be released in the next release, but if you could confirm this that would very much be appreciated.

Thanks!

Cheers,
Dave

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your inquiry. I am afraid this issue is a bit complex and is not resolved completely yet. We have recorded your concern and shared with the development team as well. However we will update you as soon as we made some significant progress towards issue resolution.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Best Regards,

Hello again

It has now been another month since I last heard that this is quite complex without hearing anything further. How is it going getting a resolution on this?

Really hoping this can be resolved soon. My experience with Aspose support in terms of getting issues resolved and being kept informed has not been a good one as of yet so I am hoping you will do something to redeem yourselves.

Thanks

Dave

Hi Dave,

The development team has been busy resolving some priority issues and I am therefore, this issue is not yet fixed. However the team plans to get it fixed in July-2014 and we hope to introduce the fix in Aspose.Pdf for .NET release planned for August-2014.

Hello

Thanks for this update. Now that it is August I thought I would check-in to see how it is all going?

Looking forward to this fix soon.

Thanks again!

Cheers,
Dave