PDF - The license is not valid for this product

Hello, I am getting an error “The license is not valid for this product.” When trying to set License for Aspose PDF.
Here is my code:

Aspose.Pdf.License license = new Aspose.Pdf.License();
        license.SetLicense("Aspose.PDF.Product.Family.lic");

Do i have the right .lic file? It seems everywhere i look the name should be something like Aspose.PDF.lic ? This name was the license given to us.

Thanks

@frankybb

Thanks for contacting support.

Would you please confirm if you are using latest version of the API (i.e Aspose.PDF for .NET 18.3)? In case you are using an older version of the API, please try setting license again with latest version of the API. In case problem still persists, please share your license file in a private message. We will test it in our environment and address the problem accordingly.

Thanks for the quick response. I am using 17.11.0.0. Can I get the .dll file for the latest version anywhere?

@frankybb

Thanks for writing back.

Please note that we always recommend our customers to use latest version of the API, as it contains new enhancements and improvements. You may please download latest version of the API from NuGet Gallery of Aspose.PDF. You can either install latest DLLs from NuGet Package Manager in Visual Studio or manually download the .nupkg file from NuGet Gallery and open it with WinRAR Utility.

Thank you it worked. SInce I am deploying this for a Customer, does it mean I will have to keep the DLL updated to the latest version every time?

@frankybb

Thanks for your inquiry.

The license would remain valid for the API versions, released before the expiry date of the license. License expiry date can be checked in <SubscriptionExpiry>20170825</SubscriptionExpiry> tag inside license file, where 2017 is year, 08 is month and 25 is the date of month. So you can use any DLL version released before the expiry date of the license. In case of any further assistance, please feel free to let us know.