Pdf to doc conversion fails

Hi Aspose team,

We encountered the following problem:

We updated to the latest version of Aspose.Pdf, and when we try to save the attached pdf as doc, we alwayys get a System.OutOfMemoryException.

We use the following code:

DocSaveOptions saveOptions = new DocSaveOptions();
//Setting conversion options
saveOptions.RecognizeBullets = false;
saveOptions.Mode = DocSaveOptions.RecognitionMode.Flow;
saveOptions.AddReturnToLineEnd = false;

//1. Conversion to .doc
using (Document doc = new Document(inputFilePath))
{
doc.Save(outputFilePath, saveOptions);
}

Please let us know if we can provide any more details to help you investigate the issue.

Best regards,

Gergely Vándor

Hello Gergely,

Thanks for using our API’s.

I have tested your PDF document with valid license and have managed to convert it into DOC document correctly. I have attached the converted DOC file and below is the sample code for conversion. I have used Aspose.Pdf version 17.1.0.

Document pdfDocument = new Document(“C:/ACA-MEM-0048-13-B+CA+DUALS+Formulary_CareMore_ENG+FINAL.pdf”);
// Save the file into MS document format
pdfDocument.Save(“C:/pdftodoc.doc”, SaveFormat.Doc);

Best Regards,

Hi Fahad,

Yes, we are also able to do that, but we would like to use exactly the DocSaveOptions.RecognitionMode.Flow setting.

But if we use this mode we get System.OutOfMemoryException.

Please let us know if we can provide any more details to help you investigate the issue.

Best regards,

Gergely Vándor

Hello Gergely,

I have again tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the issue that after applying DocSaveOptions, it throws an exception. I have logged it as PDFNET-42215 in our issue tracking system for further investigation. Please be patient and spare us little time. We are sorry for this inconvenience.

Best Regards,
p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 13.0px Arial; -webkit-text-stroke: #000000} span.s1 {font-kerning: none}

Dear Fahad,
Do you have any information, when this bug will be dealt with?
Thanks,
Gergely Vándor

Hi Gergely,

Thanks for your inquiry. I am afraid the reported issue is still pending for investigation. We will update you as soon as our team completes the investigation and share some updates. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,