Pdf to Docx Convert

Hello Aspose team.

I have managed to build a great pdf to docx converter matching our exact requirements using your products.

However I am having a problem when converting to a docx file. The docx is returning fine but the text is cut off at the top and bottom (using textbox mode and flow mode).
See attached screen shot as part of the generated docx.

EDIT: Note the the text is not cutoff because of the textbox, but rather the text that was generated. We are using a custom font file for our pdf.

Waiting for a reply before review and purchase.
Thank you very much.

Hi Bar,

Thanks for contacting support.

I have tested the scenario with one of my sample PDF’s and I was unable to notice the issue which you have mentioned. The generated output DOCX was fine. I have used following code snippet.

Document doc = new Document(dataDir + “Sample PDF for Aspose.pdf”);
doc.save(dataDir + “Sample.docx”, SaveFormat.DocX);

We will really appreciate if you please share your sample input document so that we can try to reproduce the issue in our environment and update you accordingly. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,

Thanks for the quick reply!

I used the following code which is simillar:

Document doc = new Document(pdfFilePath);
DocSaveOptions saveOptions = new DocSaveOptions();
saveOptions.setFormat(DocSaveOptions.DocFormat.DocX);
saveOptions.setMode(DocSaveOptions.RecognitionMode.Textbox); // Or flow.
doc.save(wordFileName + “.docx”, saveOptions);

I have attached a sample pdf that causes us issues.

Looking forward for your reply,
Thank you.

Hi Bar,

Thanks for sharing further details.

p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 13.0px Arial; -webkit-text-stroke: #000000} span.s1 {font-kerning: none}

I have tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the problem that while converting your provided PDF file to docx some text is cut off. For the sake of correction, I have logged it as PDFJAVA-36614 in our issue tracking system. We will further look into the details of this problem and will keep you posted on the status of correction. Please be patient and spare us little time. We are sorry for this inconvenience.

Best Regards,

p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 11.0px Helvetica} span.s1 {font-kerning: none}

Dear Fahad,

I wanted to check back with you to see if you have any insight on when this can be fixed.

I would like to purchase the product but cannot justify the purchase to my manager, unless I know that it will do the job.

Please advise.

Bar.

Hi Bar,

Thanks for your inquiry.

I have checked the status of the logged issue and I am afraid that it is still pending for review as we recently notified development team about the issue. There are other logged issues in the queue as well which were reported prior to yours and development team has been busy in resolving them. We will definitely let you know as soon as we have some significant updates regarding resolution process. Please be patient and spare us a little time.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,