PDF to Excel not working?

Hallo,

I am evaluating Aspose.PDF for java version 19.2 I have tried conversion from PDF to Excel exactly as you show in the examples: here

Whatever file I tried I am getting back an empty PDF with only the evaluation notice on top, is PDF to Excel working? How can I test this.

Thank you

@gehatg

We have tested the scenario using one of our sample files and were unable to notice any issue. For your kind reference, we have attached both input and output files.
ouput.zip (3.8 KB)
Sample PDF.pdf (1.9 KB)

Would you please try using a simple PDF file at your side having less than 4 pages and paragraphs because due to limitation of evaluation version, you can only process 4 elements of a PDF document. In case you still face any issue, please share sample file with us. We will test the scenario in our environment and address it accordingly.

PS: Please try your scenario using Aspose.PDF for Java 19.3.

Hallo,

Please see attached test input and output files here:
test_files.zip (11.6 KB)

This happens with any PDF files I tried.

Thank you

@gehatg

We have tested the scenario in our environment while using Aspose.PDF for Java 19.3 and were unable to reproduce the issue you have mentioned. We have attached generated output Excel file for your reference.

ouput.zip (7.8 KB)

As requested earlier, would you please try using a valid license to perform conversion. In case you do not have one, you may please consider applying for 30-days temporary license over our website. Please let us know if you face any other issue.

You are right, it now works.

However the styles (eg Bold bigger text and border lines) are completely missing from the output excel file.
Is this something that you dont support? If yes are you willing to support this in future releases?

Thank you.

@gehatg

The issue related to style not being rendered in output XLSX file has been logged under the ticket ID PDFJAVA-38502. We will further investigate it in details and surely keep you posted with its rectification status. Please be patient and spare us little time.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.