Convert PDF to Grayscale TIFF using Aspose.PDF for .NET - Color profile is not correct for output

I have tried several different avenues to convert a pdf to a grayscale tiff. There have been a few forum posts with ideas on how to convert using RasterCachedImage and RgbToDeviceGrayConversionStrategy but these do not produce an appropriate grayscale file.

Do you have any workarounds for this conversion?
Currently, I have tried tiffSettings.Depth = ColorDepth.Format4bpp and tiffSettings.Compression = CompressionType.CCITT4; which produces color.
Also, I have tried tiffSettings.Depth = ColorDepth.Format1bppand tiffSettings.Compression = CompressionType.LZW; which produces bitonal.

Please provide insight on how best to convert a pdf page to a tiff grayscale page.

@bbarbermetasource

Would you please share your sample PDF document with us so that we can test the scenario in our environment and address it accordingly? Also, please share how you are verifying if output TIFF is grayscale or not?

Hi Asad,

Thanks for reaching out. I have attached some sample outputs and the original pdf input for the grayscale tiff I’m trying to create.

I’ve set the TiffSettings params to:

tiffSettings.Depth = ColorDepth.Format1bpp;

And got just bitonal (black & white) – See attached folder by the same name

I then set it to

tiffSettings.Depth = ColorDepth.Format4bpp;

and I got some grayscale but also a lot of color – see attached folder

The grayscale folder is what I would expect to have outputted with Format4bpp. It has several shades of black/white to gray but no colors.

Please advise on an approach to achieve the expected grayscale outcome when converting pdf pages to tiff images.

Thanks,

Bill Barber

Dev Team Lead – Mortgage ServicesGrayscale Outputs.zip (3.3 MB)

This Topic is created by shahzadlatif using Email to Topic tool.

@bbarbermetasource

We were able to notice a similar issue at our side while using Aspose.PDF for .NET 20.11 that API was not generating expected output TIFF. Furthermore, we have also noticed that the watermark was missing in the generated images.

Therefore, an issue as PDFNET-49039 has been logged in our issue tracking system for the sake of correction. We will further look into its details and keep you posted with the status of its resolution. Please be patient and spare us some time.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.