Pdf to Html convert

Hi,

Converted attached document to html with Aspose.Pdf v11.3.0. Second page does not include line breaks any more as it was converted with earlier version. I suspect it is a bug?

Additionally bold fonts are displayed somehow as shaded on iPad (iOS 9.2 Safari)

Best Regards,
Mati

Hi Mati,

Thanks for your inquiry. I have tested the PDF to HTML scenario using following code snippet with Aspose.Pdf for .NET 11.3.0 and unable to notice the issue. I will appreciate it if you please share your sample code and output document here, so we will look into it and will guide you accordingly.

// Load source PDF file<o:p></o:p>

Document doc = new Document("Downloads/23cbf461-5bc2-4907-b34b-6d394d0f096b.pdf");

// Instantiate HTML Save options object

Aspose.Pdf.HtmlSaveOptions newOptions = new Aspose.Pdf.HtmlSaveOptions();

// Enable option to embed all resources inside the HTML

newOptions.PartsEmbeddingMode = Aspose.Pdf.HtmlSaveOptions.PartsEmbeddingModes.EmbedAllIntoHtml;

// This is just optimization for IE and can be omitted

newOptions.LettersPositioningMethod = Aspose.Pdf.HtmlSaveOptions.LettersPositioningMethods.UseEmUnitsAndCompensationOfRoundingErrorsInCss;

newOptions.RasterImagesSavingMode = Aspose.Pdf.HtmlSaveOptions.RasterImagesSavingModes.AsEmbeddedPartsOfPngPageBackground;

newOptions.FontSavingMode = Aspose.Pdf.HtmlSaveOptions.FontSavingModes.SaveInAllFormats;

// Output file path

string outHtmlFile = "23cbf461-5bc2-4907-b34b-6d394d0f096b_out.html";

doc.Save(outHtmlFile, newOptions);

Best Regards,

Hi,

Thank you for the answer, yes, this sample works as expected, but I have a bit complicated case in attached application. I want to convert multiple files in parallel.

When I run this application then often I get NullReferenceException in PdfDocumentConverter line: 23: pdfDocument.Save(outputStream, this.GetHtmlSaveOptions());

Another issue is related to result html files, mostly on second page linebreaks are missing. My result files attached.

Additionally I would like to convert pages also in parallel, see my sample method in AsposePdfToHtmlConverter.ConvertParallerPages.

In my real application conversion results will be saved to database so I convert to stream instead of file.

Best regards,
Mati
Hi Mati,

Thanks for your feedback.

agukasm:

When I run this application then often I get NullReferenceException in PdfDocumentConverter line: 23: pdfDocument.Save(outputStream, this.GetHtmlSaveOptions());

I have tested your shared sample application and noticed the reported issue, so logged a ticket PDFNEWNET-40327 in our issue tracking system for further investigation and resolution.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Best Regards,
Hi Mati,

agukasm:

Another issue is related to result html files, mostly on second page linebreaks are missing. My result files attached.

I have also noticed the line break issues in resultant HTML pages and logged a ticket PDFNEWNET-40328 in our issue tracking system for rectification. We will keep you updated about the issue resolution progress.

Best Regards,

Hi,

I would like to know the status of these issues?
Our customers are waiting for solution.

Regards,

Mati Agukas
www.cgi.com

Hi Mati,

Thanks for your patience.

The issues reported earlier are still pending for review and are not yet resolved. However the product team will surely consider investigating / resolving them as per their schedule and as soon as we have some definite updates, we will let you know.

Dear all,

can you please give an indication about the solving time of this bug? I am the representative of the customer whom Mati mentioned earlier and I must emphasize the importance of this issue. Our go live date depends on fixing this bug.

Best regards,

Evar

Hi Evar,

Thanks for your inquiry. I am afraid above reported issues are still pending for investigation, as our product team is busy in resolving other issues in the queue. However we have recorded your concern and raised your issues’ priority. We have also requested our product team to complete the issues’ investigation and share an ETA at their earliest. We will notify you as soon as we get a feedback.

Thanks for your patience and cooperation.

Best Regards,

Hi,

We are patiently waiting some feedback about these issues. Is there any hope to get these fixed this year?

Regards,
Mati

Hi Mati,

Thanks for your inquiry. Please note product team schedule the issues’ investigation and resolution on first come first serve basis and impact on the API in terms of changes/restructuring. We feel this is the fairest and most appropriate way to satisfy the needs of the majority of our customers. We have already raised priority of your issue and our Product team will plan its investigation soon. However, I have also shared your concern with the team and coordinating for an update. I will keep you posted about the issue resolution progress.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNEWNET-40327) have been fixed in Aspose.Pdf for .NET 16.10.0.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

Seems that the issue (PDFNEWNET-40327) still remains on MS Windows Server Core 2008 R2 v6.1.7601 Service Pack 1

Hi Mati,

Thanks for your feedback. I have tested the scenario on Windows Server 2012 with latest version i.e. Aspose.Pdf for .Net 16.12.0 and unable to notice the issue. We will check issue on Windows 2008 R2 Server and will update you accordingly. Meanwhile please double check whether you are using latest version of Aspose.Pdf for .Net for testing.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,

Note that I mentioned Windows “Server Core”

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd184075.aspx

Hi Mati,

Thanks for your feedback. Sure we will consider the environment. We have reopened the issue for investigation and will keep you updated about the issue resolution progress.

Best Regards,