PDF to HTML problem when viewing html in Edge browser

I am using version 17.4 of Aspose.Pdf.

We are converting documents from PDF to HTML for display in a web application.

For some documents, it appears there is a problem when viewing in Edge.

The image is obscured by the text unless you resize the browser window just so.

Firefox, Chrome, IE 10 and IE 11 do not show such an issue.

We are saving to a single stream with embedded resources using code similar to the documentation samples.

Is this known behavior in the Edge browser and do you have a way to work around the issue?

I have attached an example of the PDF and the generated HTML in a zip file.

Thanks,

Patrick

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for contacting support.

I have tested the scenario with Aspose.Pdf for .NET 17.5, which is latest version, and was unable to notice the issue. Please check following code snippet which I have tried for conversion.

Document document = new Document(dataDir + “CV Didier.pdf”);
document.Save(dataDir + “resumeout.html”, new HtmlSaveOptions());

For your reference, an output generated by above code has also been attached. Please note that it is always recommended to use latest version of the API as it contains all fixes and enhancements. Please try conversion with latest release and in case if you still face any issue, please inform us by sharing working code snippet and your environment details (i.e OS version, Application Type, Target framework etc).

Best Regards,

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for contacting support.

In earlier attempt, Asad converted the PDF file to HTML format while rendering PDF resources in separate folder. However during my attempt to render all PDF resources in single output file, I am able to notice the same problem when viewing HTML file in Edge browser. For the sake of correction, I have logged it as PDFNET-42809 in our issue tracking system. We will further look into the details of this problem and will keep you posted on the status of correction. Please be patient and spare us little time. We are sorry for this inconvenience.

Hello Asad and Nayer,

Thanks for the follow-up.
I look forward to a resolution to this issue.

Thanks,
Patrick

Hi Patrick,

As soon as we have some definite updates, we will update you within in this forum thread. Please be patient and spare us little time.

Hello,

I am checking to see if there is an update on this issue from 2 weeks ago.

Thanks,
Patrick

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for your patience.

I am afraid the issues reported earlier are pending for reviews and the product team will start investigating them as per development schedule. As soon as we have some further updates, we will let you know.

Checking in on this issue.
A month has gone by without any updates.
This is a production issue and our client is looking for an update.

@bhgiq

Thanks for your inquiry.

I have checked the status of earlier logged issue and I am sorry that it has not been resolved yet. Our product team has been busy in resolving other issues in the queue which were logged prior to yours. I am sure that they will soon plan to investigate this issue, as per their development schedule.

Please note that we do realize the severity of the issue and have initimated the relevant team about your recent concerns. As soon as we have some updates in this regard, we will inform you. Please spare us little time.

We are sorry for this inconvenience.

Best Regards,
Asad Ali