PDF to Images

Hi,

We are evaluating Aspose.PDF.Kit to convert our pdf files into set of jpeg images(one image per page).

The conversion is done successfully. But we have some couple of questions related to the image (resolution/format) generated by Aspose.PDF.Kit

We feel that the image generated is less quality than the images in PDF pages

1. Is there any way to specify the DPI for the generated images from pdf ?
2. We need to get the image in “Format32bppArgb” pixelformat. but Aspose generating the images in “Format24bppRgb” pixelformat by default.

Please guide us to fix the above issues to get a better image similar to PDF.

Thanks,
Karthik

Hello Karthik,

Thanks for your interest in our products. Instead of testing/evaluating Aspose.Pdf.Kit for .NET, I would recommend you to please try using Aspose.Pdf for .NET. Since the release of Aspose.Pdf for .NET 6.0.0, now you can use this single product to create PDF documents as well as you can use it to manipulate existing PDF documents. More along, it also provides the capabilities to convert pages of PDF file into Jpeg format. A class named JpegDevice which provides this capabilities to convert PDF files into JPEG format and with the help of Resolution class, you can define the resolution of resultant image file. For more information, please visit Convert all PDF pages to JPEG Images

In case you still face any problem or the output result does not satisfy you, please share the sample PDF file so that we can test the scenario at our end. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Now I am working with Aspose.Pdf for .NET 6.4.2.0
Thanks for suggesting the new version.

I have one more question, what will be the colorspace (RGB/CMYK) of the generated images using Aspose, if my PDF has CMYK images present in it.

I want all the images generated from Aspose should be in RGB colorspace regardless of image’s colorspace in PDF. Can you please help me to do that ?

Thanks again,
Karthik

Hi Karthik,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I am afraid; the feature to convert the resultant image to RGB from CMYK (or any other Colorspace) is not supported at the moment. However, I have registered this feature in our issue tracking system with issue id: PDFNEWNET-32260. Our development team will look into this feature and see if it can be supported as per your requirement.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Thanks for your response.
I am waiting for your response on that. Please do post me as early as possible.

Thanks again,
Karthik