PDF to TIF- cannot create Class F

I have tried to convert the PDF into ClassF using the SaveAsTIFFClassF option as well as SaveAsTIFFClassF and specificying CompressionType.CCITT4. No matter what, the PDF is always converted to TIFF with LZW compression.

Please advise.

Hi,

Please try to use the following sample with the [merged Aspose.Pdf](https://blog.aspose.com/2011/07/01/first-version-of-merged-aspose.pdf-for-.net-is-now-available-for-download):
Convert PDF File to Single TIFF Image using Settings

The SaveAsTiff method allows you to specify all the attributes along with compression.

I hope this helps. If you find any further questions, please do let us know.
Regards,

We are using an older version of PDF Kit (4.2 to be exact). Was this a known bug or issue with that version such that convert to Tiff wasn’t working properly?

Hi,

Actually, some files might not work properly due to their particular contents or structure. Although, we cover most of the scenarios, but still there might be certain situations where it fails. However, we have made various improvements in our latest version, so it would be better if you try our latest version and see if it works properly in your scenario.

If you find any further questions, please do let us know.
Regards,

Sadly the files that won’t work properly are one’s created with Aspose PDF. We tried another PDF and it worked fine. What kinds of structures will not work? Is there a list I can review?

I haven’t tried the new version yet as we weren’t interested in upgrading at this time. I guess I may have no choice.

It appears 6.0 can convert better and actually respect the request for a certain compression type. SaveasTiffClassF still does not work properly.

However, the SaveAsTiff changes the dimensions of the page. It converts an 8.5 x 11 document into one that is about half that size. Frustrating for something that should be so simple. The sad thing is the doc we are tryign to convert was created by Aspose.PDF in the first place.

Hi,

Please share the input PDF file along with the code snippet with us, so we could investigate the issue at our end. You’ll be updated with the results accordingly.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience.
Regards,

This code does do a CCITT4 file but shrinks the size down
PdfConverter pdfConverter = new PdfConverter();
pdfConverter.Resolution = 200;
pdfConverter.BindPdf(“test1.pdf”);
pdfConverter.DoConvert();

Aspose.Pdf.Devices.TiffSettings a = new Aspose.Pdf.Devices.TiffSettings();
a.Depth = Aspose.Pdf.Devices.ColorDepth.Format1bpp;
a.Compression = Aspose.Pdf.Devices.CompressionType.CCITT4;

pdfConverter.SaveAsTIFF(“test1.tif”, 200, 200, a);

pdfConverter.Close();

and
This code: does NOT do class F and shrinks the size
PdfConverter pdfConverter = new PdfConverter();
pdfConverter.Resolution = 200;
pdfConverter.BindPdf(“test1.pdf”);
pdfConverter.DoConvert();

pdfConverter.SaveAsTIFFClassF(“test1.tif”, 200, 200);

pdfConverter.Close();

That is the code. The resulting tiff has dimensions of 612 x 792 which is tiny and the resulting tiff is unreadable. The source PDF is just a sample PDF that I found on the web from adobe. You may retrieve it here (I cannot share OUR PDF source but this exhibits the EXACT same behavior):
http://www.adobe.com/pdf/pdfs/ISO32000-1PublicPatentLicense.pdf
I have tried it on several different PDFs from several sources and most behave in the same way. Out of the bunch I have tried, only 1 has properly converted. Please note the SaveAsTiffClassF does the SAME thing and results a file with the SAME dimensions (too small) AND it always does LZW compression which is NOT class F. That’s the method we really want to use because Class F is our goal The proper dimensions should be around 1696 x 2200.

Hi,

I have logged both of these issues in our issue tracking system as shown below:

PDFNEWNET-29645 - Issue with SaveAsTiff method
PDFNEWNET-29646 - Issue with SaveAsTiffClassF method

Our team will investigate these issues and you’ll be updated via this forum thread once they’re resolved.

Regards,

Is there any idea as to when these may be investigated and solved? Are we talking about hours, days, weeks, months?

Hi,

I’m sorry to share with you that it is not feasible for our team to share any estimate at the moment. As you know these issues are logged recently, our team still need to investigate them in detail. Please spare us some time, so our team would be able to understand the issues. Once we’re clear about the complexity of the issues, we’ll be able to share any estimate.

Regards,

Thank you for your response. I shall be waiting to hear back from you on what the story is. Obviously ideally this will get resolved quickly but certainly would need to know a general time frame as soon as possible to determine if we need to seek other solutions to meet our deadlines.

Hi,

I have asked our development team about the ETA of these issues. You’ll be updated as soon as the response is received.

Regards,

Hi,

Our team has looked into these issues and I would like to share with you that the fix for these issues is expected in the the release due at the end of August 2011. You’ll be notified via this forum thread once the release is published.

I hope this helps. If you find any further questions, please do let us know.
Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 29645;29646) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

This functionality looks great! Does it exist for the Aspose.Pdf.Kit for Java? I don't see it documented at all, but would purchase this for my company in a heartbeat if it did. Please advise.

- dave (dave.maclean@bcbsfl.com)

Hi Dave,

I’m sorry to inform you that ClassF (CCITT) compression is currently not supported while converting PDF to TIFF images using Aspose.Pdf.Kit for Java. However, I have logged a new feature request as PDFKITJAVA-11418 in our issue tracking system. You’ll be updated via this forum thread once it is supported. Nevertheless, I’m afraid, this might not be available in short time.

Regards,