PDF to TIFF conversion loses barcodes

Hello,

I have an issue where we are converting PDF to TIFF using Aspose.PDF and the resulting TIFF does not contain the barcode images that were on the originating PDF file. I was using version 11.9 but just upgraded to version 17.9 (net35 dll). I don’t care about reading the barcode at all, I just want to have the resulting TIFF file look exactly like the originating PDF.

Here is my original code where horizontal and vertical resolution are both 300 with CompressionType.LZW:

using (var pdfFile = new Document(TempSourceFilePath))
{
Resolution tiffResolution = new Resolution((int)horizontalResolution, (int)verticalResolution);

TiffSettings tiffSettings = new TiffSettings();

switch (format)
            {
                case TiffFormatType.TiffGroup4:
                    tiffSettings.Compression = CompressionType.CCITT4;
                    break;
                case TiffFormatType.TiffLzw:
                    tiffSettings.Compression = CompressionType.LZW;
                    break;
                default:
                    throw new ArgumentOutOfRangeException("format");
            }

//create TIFF device
            TiffDevice tiffDevice = new TiffDevice(tiffResolution, tiffSettings);
            //convert a whole file and save the image to stream
            tiffDevice.Process(pdfFile, stream);
        }

I also tried using PDFConverter, but it produced the same result:
int pageCount = pdfFile.Pages.Count;
for (var i = 1; i <= pageCount; i++)
{
var converter = new PdfConverter();
converter.BindPdf(pdfFile);
converter.StartPage = i;
converter.EndPage = i;
converter.DoConvert();
converter.SaveAsTIFF(stream, tiffSettings);
stream.Position = 1;
converter.Close();
converter.Dispose();
}

If I add in any logic regarding BarCodeReader, the reader never returned with anything. But like I said, i don’t want to necessarily read the bardcode data, rather i would just like it to be included on the resulting TIFF file. Can you reproduce this issue or provide me with sample code to achieve the desired results? Sample files are attached.

PDF to TIFF loses barcode - sample files.zip (724.1 KB)

Thanks for your help!

@mwillisad6a8

Thanks for contacting support.

We have tested the scenario in our environment and managed to observe the same issue in the resultant TIFF image, which you have mentioned. However, we have logged an issue as PDFNET-43421 in our issue tracking system. We will further look into the details of the issue and keep you updated with the status of its correction. Please be patient and spare us little time.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Is it possible to get an update on this issue or if any progress was made?

@mwillisad6a8

Thanks for your inquiry.

I am afraid that earlier logged issue is still pending for review due to other pending issues in the queue. As soon as we have some significant updates regarding investigation progress of your issue, we will inform you. Please be patient and spare us little time.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Hi Asad,

Would purchasing paid support help us to escalate this issue, setting it to a higher priority? Please advise.

Thank you

@mwillisad6a8

Thanks for your inquiry.

Please note that Enterprise/Priority support does not guarantee any immediate resolution but it does expedite the resolution process. Furthermore the issues, logged under this model have precedence over the issues, logged under Normal/Free Support model. For more information, please visit Paid Support Helpdesk. In case of any further assistance, please feel free to let us know.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNET-43421) have been fixed in Aspose.PDF for .NET 18.10.