PDF to TIFF Image Loses Quality (JAVA)

Hi Team,

We have a customer who is having some difficulties with PDF to TIFF format, losing image quality after compression.

I've attached some examples, the PDF and the output (though I converted the output from TIFF to JPG).

Please find also below:

"Our project requires us to transform a PDF into a TIFF format, and use the ComporessionType.CCITT4

Unfortunately, when using this compression , the images from the PDF loose too much quality.

Typical code is

TiffSettings tiffSettings = new TiffSettings();

tiffSettings.setDepth(ColorDepth.Format8bpp);

tiffSettings.setCompression(CompressionType.CCITT4);

PdfConverter converter = new PdfConverter();

converter.bindPdf(inputStream);

converter.doConvert();

// 3000pxls/inch 2480 x 3508 pxls.

converter.saveAsTIFF(outputStream, 2480, 3508, tiffSettings);

Currently we are using Qoppa software, which although converts to Tiff much quicker than Aspose.pdf and converts the images to a greater quality is unable process documents that have restrictions."

Is there any way to maintain quality after conversion and compression?

Thanks,

Matthew Looke
MicroWay

Hi Matthew,

Thanks for your inquiry. I have converted shared document to TIFF image using Aspose.Pdf for Java 11.3.0 and managed to observe the reported issue. For further investigation, I have logged an issue in our issue tracking system as PDFNEWJAVA-35681 and also linked your request to it. We will keep you updated via this thread regarding the issue status.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Best Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFJAVA-35681) have been fixed in Aspose.Pdf for Java 17.2.0.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.