Pdf to tiff image

Hi,

I was wondering if the pdf have a feature to convert pdf to tiff images? Can you provide a sample code for me please. Also, will some of the print features be used. like margins, row column heading, black and white tiffs, etc. Thank you in advance for your help.

Hi James,

You can convert a PDF file to TIFF image using SaveAsTIFF method of PdfConverter class. This class also allows you to convert a PDF file to various other image formats. Please find the details on this link.

As far as your other requirements related to print features are concerned, please elaborate those requirements a little bit, so we would be able to help you out.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience.
Regards,

Some of the feature that I needed is:
1. TiffCompression to be ccit group4
2. Image format is tiff
3. resolution to be 300 or 200
4. ignore blank pages.
5. setting tiff size based on a paper size. ie. legal, letter, a4, etc
6. orientation = landscape or portrait
7. print in black and white
8. set up margins

Thank you for your help. Please provide me sample code on how to use it.

Hi James,

Please find the answers below:

1. TiffCompression to be ccit group4
2. Image format is tiff
3. resolution to be 300 or 200
5. setting tiff size based on a paper size. ie. legal, letter, a4, etc

You can specify CCITT4 compression type, set resolution using Resolution property, and specify X and Y dimensions using SaveAsTIFF method as shown in the following code snippet:

//create PdfConverter object and open PDF file

PdfConverter pdfConverter = new PdfConverter();

pdfConverter.BindPdf(“input.pdf”);

//set resolution

pdfConverter.Resolution = 300;

//start conversion process

pdfConverter.DoConvert();

//save the PDF as TIFF with specified compression type

pdfConverter.SaveAsTIFF(“output.tif”, 500, 400, CompressionType.CCITT4);

pdfConverter.Close();

4. ignore blank pages.
6. orientation = landscape or portrait
7. print in black and white
8. set up margins

The above four features are currently not supported, however I have logged these new features as PDFKITNET-16362, PDFKITNET-16957, PDFKITNET-16959 and PDFKITNET-16961 respectively in our issue tracking system. Our team will investigate these features and you'll be updated via this forum thread once these are supported in our future versions.

We're sorry for the inconvenience.
Regards,

Thanks. I look forward to the those 4 new features.

Hi, do you have an update for the four features? Can you give a time frame please?

1. ignore blank pages.
2. orientation = landscape or portrait
print in black and white
4. set up margins

Hi James,

I’m afraid, we can’t share the ETA for these issues at the moment. Please spare us some time before our team investigates these issues in detail for better understanding of the time and effort required.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience.
Regards,

Thanks for helping me out with this feature.

I was testing out program and find that pdfConverter.GetNextImage function to be very useful in naming the tiff images. But it doesn’t allow me to set the ccit compression. Can you add the new features to the GetNextImage function so I can name each individual tiff please? Thank you in advance for your help.

Hi James,

I have logged this new feature request as PDFKITNET-17558 in our issue tracking system. Our team will investigate this requirement in detail and you’ll be updated via this forum thread once this feature is supported in our future version.

If you have any further questions, please do let us know.
Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 16362;16957;16959;16961) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.