PDF to TIFF - New user questions

Good afternoon. Sales suggested I post my questions here, so here goes.

Our Need: Our organization has multiple PDF fillable forms used throughout the organization for a variety of common uses (expense reports, vacation request, etc). We also have document imaging software (ImageNow) used primarily within our Business applications where we can attach scanned documents to transactions (PO's, copy of invoices, etc). Both work well independently. The document imaging system has a very good "workflow" system where documents can be routed for approval, comments added, etc. We would like to use the document imaging system to route these completed PDF documents around the organization.

The Problem: Although PDF's can be attached, they can not be modified or marked up with notes etc. For that to happen, they must be in a TIFF image format. That is where and why I found Aspose.Pdf as a possible solution.

I'm the Business Services Manager with very limited experience with using Javascript within PDF forms for very, and I mean very, limited use. I have no .Net experience at all. Here are my questions:

1) Can your product be used to convert PDF fillable forms into a TIFF file? If so, what is need or how does that happen?

2) What is the best "platform" - .Net, Java, or ??? We're open to which is the best one to use for this application.

3) What other requirements are there to deploy this? Can we put the new or modified PDF forms on our website for employees to use and that is it or what?

4) We would consider using your consulting services to "walk through" our first form. But I'm not sure what or how to describe exactly what we need. Any help here would be great.

Thanks for the assistance.

CESD:
1) Can your product be used to convert PDF fillable forms into a TIFF file? If so, what is need or how does that happen?

Hello Terry,

Thanks for your interest in our product

I am pleased to inform you that Aspose.Pdf supports the feature to render PDF document into TIFF format. Please visit the following links for more information on

CESD:
2) What is the best “platform” - .Net, Java, or ??? We’re open to which is the best one to use for this application.

Aspose.Pdf is offered over two platforms i.e. .NET and Java. However if you can use either platform, we would recommend you to please try using Aspose.Pdf for .NET. The recent release versions of Aspose.Pdf for .NET provides the capabilities to create as well as manipulate/edit existing PDF documents.

CESD:
3) What other requirements are there to deploy this? Can we put the new or modified PDF forms on our website for employees to use and that is it or what?
You only need to provide the source PDF document and the resultant TIFF image will be returned to the user. Please note that along with the feature of converting PDF document into TIFF image, it also provides the leverage to allow the users to fill the data inside PDF forms. Once the data is populated, you can get the data saved inside PDF form as well as convert the updated PDF form into TIFF format. For more information, please visit

Along with the above stated approach, you may try using classes and methods of Aspose.Pdf.Facades namespace to accomplish following requirements.

CESD:
4) We would consider using your consulting services to “walk through” our first form. But I’m not sure what or how to describe exactly what we need. Any help here would be great.

We would be more than glad to assist you in case you require our consultancy services. However, if you still require any further information from the topics that I have stated above, please feel free to contact.

CESD:
The Problem: Although PDF’s can be attached, they can not be modified or
marked up with notes etc. For that to happen, they must be in a TIFF
image format. That is where and why I found Aspose.Pdf as a possible
solution

Please note that Aspose.Pdf for .NET supports the feature to update the existing PDF files by adding Note/Annotations/Watermarks inside the document. For further information, please visit
Add Annotation in an Existing PDF File

Thanks for the info. We are proceeding by downloading a demo of the Aspose.Pdf for .NET. We will be using Visual Studio 2010 for development. I’m charged with building a “proof of concept” that what we want will work. In a nutshell we want to:

1. Have a user open a PDF fill-in form.
  2. Enter data into the form.
  3. Convert the form with the entered data to a single TIFF image. The TIFF file must include an embedded Ascii TAG (which will be the keys and other information).
  4. The TIFF output file will be written to a specific folder location on our server.
  5. The TIFF output file will be imported by our Document Imaging software (ImageNow) and used to route to different users based on the workflow for that document type.
I am not familiar with using Visual Studio 2010, but one of our developers has some knowledge. I’m looking for any examples of using Aspose.Pdf for doing something similar in steps 3 and 4 above. If you have any, or can point me to what documentation you have that explains it, that will help.

Thanks - Terry

Hi Terry,

Were you able to used the ASpose to create the proof of concept. I have also have the same requirements and wanted to check if ASPose will be able to help me.

Thanks

CESD:
Thanks for the info. We are proceeding by downloading a demo of the Aspose.Pdf for .NET. We will be using Visual Studio 2010 for development. I’m charged with building a “proof of concept” that what we want will work. In a nutshell we want to:

1. Have a user open a PDF fill-in form.
  2. Enter data into the form.
Hi Terry,

Thanks for contacting support.
Please follow the instruction specified over Working with Forms
CESD:
  • Convert the form with the entered data to a single TIFF image. The TIFF file must include an embedded Ascii TAG (which will be the keys and other information).
  • The TIFF output file will be written to a specific folder location on our server.
  • Once the PDF form is filled, you need to flatten the fields inside PDF form and then perform the conversion to TIFF format. For more information, please visit Flatten All Fields in an Existing PDF File and Convert PDF Pages to TIFF Image
    CESD:
  • The TIFF output file will be imported by our Document Imaging software (ImageNow) and used to route to different users based on the workflow for that document type.
  • Please try using the output files generated with our API and in case you face any issue, please share some details and information on how to replicate the issue in our environment. We are really sorry for the delayed response.

deepakbhalla:
    Hi Terry,

Were you able to used the ASpose to create the proof of concept. I have also have the same requirements and wanted to check if ASPose will be able to help me.

Thanks
    Hi Deepak,

Thanks for contacting support.

Please notice my above post and in case you face any issue while using our API, please share the input PDF form, so that we can further test the scenario in our environment.