We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

PDF to TIFF performance bug

We have a business requirement to convert PDFs to TIFFs. We are evaluating Aspose as a potential solution. We have converted hundreds of PDFs during our testing, and most are converting in the range of a few hundred milliseconds to a few seconds. We have encountered a few PDFs which consistently required 3+ minutes to convert. I have read the post on PDF to TIFF performance, but reducing the bpp does not help. The problematic PDFs are one page, and appear to have an un-editable form.
I cannot attach the PDF due to PII. It is being created by an external vendor so we are not sure how it is being created. Below is the code used to convert:

PdfConverter pdfConverter = new PdfConverter();
pdfConverter.BindPdf(new MemoryStream(doc.Data));
pdfConverter.DoConvert();
pdfConverter.SaveAsTIFF(origFile + “.tif”);

Also of note, the PdfConverter in the deprecated Aspose.Pdf.Kit.PdfConverter namespace does not exhibit the problem.
I am using the latest version (6.5) when I encounter the problem. 

Hi Ryland,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Thank you for considering Aspose.Pdf.

To reproduce your issue, it will be better if you can share your template file with us. You can mark your post as private using “Make Private” option. This way only you and Aspose Staff members can see the attached file. This will help us identify the exact issue and resolve it soon.

Thank You & Best Regards, v