Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Pdf To Tiff Quality

Hi.

We are trying to use ASPose.Pdf in order to convert Pdf files to “Fax ready” Tiff images.

Each Tiff file needs to be encoded in CCITT4 or 3 format with the depth setting of 1bpp.

Here is the code we are currently using:

//create PdfConverter object and bind input PDF file
PdfConverter pdfConverter = new PdfConverter();
pdfConverter.Resolution = 300;
pdfConverter.BindPdf(@FilePath);
pdfConverter.DoConvert();

//create TiffSettings object and set CompressionType
TiffSettings tiffSettings = new TiffSettings();
tiffSettings.Compression = CompressionType.CCITT4;
tiffSettings.Depth = ColorDepth.Format1bpp;
//convert to TIFF image
pdfConverter.SaveAsTIFF(@outputPath + FileName + “.tiff”, 300, 300, tiffSettings);
pdfConverter.Close();

The output of any input file we try is horrible quality. The only encoding setting that is legible is NONE or LZW. I have attached a few example output files to this message.

Can you please explain what we can do to fix this? The Tiff files need to be sent to an automated Fax Server that requires CCITT(4 or 3) encoding.

BTW, I have tried ever combination of encoding/bpp/resolution I could think of but still get the same results.

Thanks!

Hi,

Thanks for using our products.

I have tested the scenario while using the code snippet specified below and as per my observations, the output TIFF seems to be much better when using Aspose.Pdf for .NET 6.1.0. Can you please take a look over attached Image files and confirm if the output quality is adequate. In case of any further query, please feel free to contact. We apologize for your inconvenience.

[C#]

//create PdfConverter object and bind input PDF file
PdfConverter pdfConverter = new PdfConverter();
pdfConverter.BindPdf(@“D:\pdftest\ExampleFiles\Input_Source.pdf”);
pdfConverter.DoConvert();
//convert to TIFF imag
pdfConverter.SaveAsTIF
pdfConverter.Close();

Hi,

Thank you for your initial investigation of our issue…

Your output file is of much better quality but how do I know from your code snippet that the TIFF file is in fact CCITT3 or CCITT4 encoded as you’ve named it?

The file size of the both output files is identical. If the conversion from Pdf was actually encoding these TIFF files than the CCITT4 output would be smaller in file size, much smaller than 365K by the way.

Encoding of the Tiff file is to support sending the file to a Fax Server that “requires” that the Tiff file be properly encoded. Your output files seem to just be a basic Tiff with no encoding.

Can anyone with more knowledge of Tiff encoding please help us understand if your components will help with our requirements?

Thank you.

Hi,

I have tested the attached input PDF file using CCITT 3 and CCITT 4 compression and noticed the low output quality in this scenario. I have logged both of these issues as shown below:

PDFNEWNET-30142 - CCITT 3 compression issue
PDFNEWNET-30143 - CCITT 4 compression issue

Our team will look into these issues and you’ll be updated via this forum thread once these issues are resolved.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience.
Regards,

Is there any resolution on this issue?

We are reaching a point where we need to move forward with our project. Does this product do what it claims to do, Pdf to Tiff encoded CCITT 3 and 4 formatting?

Hi,

Thanks for your patience.

Our development team is working hard to get these issues resolved but I am afraid they are not yet completed fixed. However, I have requested the development team to share the ETA regarding their resolution. Please be patient and spare us little time. Soon you will be updated with the status of correction. We apologize for your inconvenience.

You never provided an ETA for any fix as suggested.

This issue has been unchanged since 8/17, 23 days and counting.

Sorry to be blunt but we will have to move forward with a different solution if you cannot confirm that this issue can and will be fixed and provide at least a ballpark estimate for delivery. I hope you can understand waiting on your developers is starting to push back our own deadlines.

Thanks.

Hi,

I am afraid the issues are not yet resolved and so far I have not been communicated any ETA regarding their resolution. However I have again sent another intimation to the development team and as soon as I get some updates, I will let you know. We are really sorry for the delay and inconvenience.

Hi,

I further discussed these issues and have come to know that they are resolved in current release version of Aspose.Pdf for .NET 6.2.0. Please take a look over attached resultant TIFF images generated with CCITT3 and CCITT4 compression. Please try using the latest release version and in case you still face any problem or you have any further query, please feel free to contact.

Hi,

This new version works perfectly! Thanks to you and the developers for getting this working.

We are looking forward to purchasing the Words and Pdf products shortly.

Best Regards