We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

PDF to Word boxes being created which overlap

Hi

I have a PDF that needs converting into a word document so that the user can easily edit the document the problem is that the document it made with boxes which overlap each other when the user types in them. I would like them to expand and push the rest of the content down the page. I have used pdf smart converter which is only a desktop application and it has converted it exactly how i need it… however i need a library as it need to be in the web application my code is presented below…

var MyDir = “C://Users//cccastle//Downloads//GrantAssessmentFormStandard.pdf”;

var pdfDocument = new Document(MyDir);

pdfDocument.Flatten();
// string file = ReadPdfFile(MyDir);

pdfDocument.Save(“E://pdftest//GrantAssessmentFormStandard.docx”, SaveFormat.DocX);

I have attached the document that the library currently produces from this code so that you can see how difficult this document is to edit and move all the boxes down.

I have also attached the pdf that i am trying to convert from

Kind regards
Chris

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your inquiry. You can use DocSaveOptions class to control layout of resultant document. RecognitionMode enum values can be used to specify TextBox or Flow for layout. You may use Textbox RecognitionMode to preserve the formatting,but with this mode edit ability of resulting document could be limited. Whereas Flow mode generates an easy editable document but limitation is that the output document might look different from original document.

But I’m afraid the document generated from your sample PDF having some formatting issues with Flow RecognitionMode. So we’ve logged an investigation ticket as PDFNEWNET-36012 in our issue tracking system for further investigation and resolution. We will update you as soon as it’s resolved.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Best Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNET-36012) have been fixed in Aspose.Pdf for .NET 17.2.0.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.