PDF with chinese character print output

I have a couple of PDF contain chinese characters and need to convert to TIFF via PdfViewer.

The outcome content is completely different from the original PDF content. Below is the code I use. Can you let me know if this is a font issue where they are not supported or there is workaround I can use. Sample of PDF attached.

PdfViewer viewer = new PdfViewer();

viewer.OpenPdfFile(input);

viewer.AutoRotate = true;

viewer.AutoResize = true;

PrintDocument prtdoc = new PrintDocument();

ps.PrinterName = printerName;

viewer.PrintDocumentWithSettings(ps);

viewer.ClosePdfFile();

Hi Praetorion,

Thanks
for using our products.

I
have tested the scenario and I am able to reproduce the same problem. For the
sake of correction, I have logged it in our issue tracking system as
PDFNEWNET-34382. We
will investigate this issue in details and will keep you updated on the status
of a correction.

We
apologize for your inconvenience.

Hi there,

Just checking if there is any update on this issue. We are getting a lot more of such issue from our customers. Here is another sample in Thai language.

Hi Praetorion,

Thanks for your patience.

The development team has been busy resolving some priority issues and I am afraid the issue PDFNEWNET-34382 reported earlier has not been resolved. Nevertheless, I have requested the team to share the ETA regarding its resolution. Please be patient and spare us little time.

I have also been able to notice the issue related to Thai characters and I have shared/associated the source PDF file with aforementioned issue. Once this issue is resolved, we would be more than happy to update you with the status of correction.

We are sorry for this delay and inconvenience.

Thank you for your response. Can you share with me what is the problem detail here?

We deal with a lot of such files and it will be impossible for us to test every single scenario to ensure our applicable able to process all files submitted by our customers.

Hi Praetorion,

The issue is related to font rendering when printing the PDF files. Recently we have made some improvements in text rendering when printing PDF files but still this feature is not mature enough. We hope that in coming versions, similar problems will be resolved. Nevertheless, I will touch base with development team to get further information regarding this issue. We are sorry for this inconvenience.

Hi,

Just checking for any updates on this issue?

Hi Praetorion,

Sorry for the inconvenience faced. I have verified your reported issue. It's still not resolved due to some other priority tasks and it’s pending in the queue for analysis. However, I have requested the team for ETA and as soon as I get a feedback I will update you via this forum thread.

Best Regards,

Hi there,

I would like an update on this issue. ETA on the fix?

Hi Praetorion,

Thanks for you patience and cooperation. We have a good news for you, our development team has completed the analysis of your issue and its now in development phase. Hopefully your issue will be resolved and its fix will be included in Aspose.Pdf for .Net 7.9.0 release, that is due in April, 2013. However, we will notify you via this forum thread as soon as it is resolved.

Best Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNEWNET-34382) have been fixed in Aspose.Pdf for .NET 8.1.0.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.