We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

PDF417 Barcode appears to distort when given a large amount of data

Hello,

I am evaluating the “Aspose.Barcode for .NET” product. I am generating a PDF417 barcode and displaying it within an image control. When a large amount of data (~250 characters) is encoded, the barcode appears to have some distortion at the bottom.

Attached is a sample. Please note the bottom of the barcode

Please advise.

Thank you
Mason

Hi Mason,

Thanks for your inquiry. I managed to generate a distorted bar code image using the latest version of Aspose.BarCode for .NET 5.5.0. I have logged this problem under ticket id BARCODENET-33578 in our issue tracking system. Your request has also been linked to this issue. You will be notified as soon as it is resolved and available for public use. We’re sorry for your inconvenience.

Meanwhile, could you please share the exact source code that you have used to generate this bar code image? Please also share the code text. It is for the confirmation purposes.

Hi Mason,

It is just to intimate you that we’re still waiting for your response against the source code. Because It helps to analyze the problem.

Here is the code...

public partial class GenerateBarcodeAspose : System.Web.UI.Page

{

protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)

{

Response.ContentType = "image/jpeg";

BarCodeBuilder bb = new BarCodeBuilder();

bb.CodeText = Request.Params.Get("data");

bb.SymbologyType = Symbology.Pdf417;

bb.Pdf417ErrorLevel = Pdf417ErrorLevel.Level2;

bb.CodeLocation = CodeLocation.None;

bb.BarCodeImage.Save(Response.OutputStream, System.Drawing.Imaging.ImageFormat.Jpeg);

}

}

and calling page ...

<form id="form1" runat="server">

<div>

<asp:TextBox ID="txtInput" Width="600px" runat="server"></asp:TextBox><br />

<asp:Button ID="btnSubmit" Text="Submit" runat="server" onclick="btnSubmit_Click" /><br />

<asp:Image ID="img1" runat="server" />

</div>

</form>

protected void btnSubmit_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)

{

img1.ImageUrl = String.Format("GenerateBarcodeAspose.aspx?data={0}", txtInput.Text);

}

Enter over 100 characters.

Hope that helps. Take care.

Hi Mason,

Thanks for sharing the source code. Did you try the latest version of Aspose.BarCode 5.5.0? Because the generated bar code image is different than what you have shared earlier. Our development team has completed the analysis of the issue (BARCODENET-33578) and has come to a conclusion that this issue is actually not a bug in Aspose.BarCode component. You can recognize that bar code image. So, we will most likely close this issue as 'Not a Bug'. There is an auto calculation for rows and cols quantities, also based on the ECC level you set before generation. The distortion means empty fields which can be filled with ECC if you increase error level. You can try to set level5 and see that distortion is almost gone. So the distortion is only because of calculating rows and cols there are too much space to fit ECC data.

I hope this helps. Please let me know in case of further assistance or questions.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as BARCODENET-33578) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.