PDFA to PDF Conversion is overlapping text

Hi,

I have used ASPOSE PDF to convert a word document (.docx) to PDF & then converted it to PDF/A. In the PDF/A file the text is overlapping. Can you please help me resolve this issue, so that text doesn’t overlap & i see clear text.

I am using Aspose.Pdf.17.2.0, Aspose.Words.17.2.0, Aspose.Cells.17.2.0 & ASPOSE total license

Please see the attachments for finding the pdf file which is being used to convert to PDF/A.Input.pdf (193.5 KB)

Code Snippet used to convert PDF to PDF/A is as below.

var ir = new AsposePdf.Document(irpath);
ir.Convert(“D:\somefolder_log.txt”, AsposePdf.PdfFormat.PDF_A_1A, AsposePdf.ConvertErrorAction.Delete);

Please help.

Thanks
Kabir

I have been testing with Kabir on this issue and so far the issue with text overlapping seems to be limited to bulleted and numbered lists where the formatting of the text changes. For example:

• List item with plain text followed by bold text and maybe even italics.
  1. List item with plan text followed by bold text and maybe even italics.

Hopefully there is a fix for this behavior. If not, can you please recommend a workaround and advise if there are any other known limitations in pdfa conversion or where we might experience overlaps.

Thank you,
Bill Hoffman

@ballpwh, @abdulkabir_eurofins,

Thanks for contacting support.

I have tested the scenario using latest release of Aspose.Pdf for .NET 17.8 and I am unable to notice any issue. For your reference, I have also attached the output generated over my end.

[C#]

// load PDF document
Aspose.Pdf.Document doc = new Document("c:/pdftest/Input (1).pdf");
// convert file to PDF/A_1a compliant format
doc.Convert("c:/pdftest/Input (1).txt", PdfFormat.PDF_A_1A, ConvertErrorAction.Delete);
// save resultant PDF file
doc.Save("c:/pdftest/Input (1)_PDF_A_1a.pdf");

Input (1)_PDF_A_1a.pdf (195.6 KB)
PDF_A_1a_Compliance_Check.PNG (38.8 KB)

Thank you Nayyer,
Updating Aspose to 17.8.0.0 did resolve this issue for us.
We are continuing investigation into other possible conversion issues for PDF/A.
Regards,
Bill