PDFA1A Read Out Issue

Hello,

We are trying to evaluate ASPOSE PDF.NET library to see if meets our need. We were successfully able to download and get the PDF generation working. Setting PdfConformance PDFA1B the document reads out fine(from View-> Read Out loud in Acrobat. But this is lost when PdfConformance is set to PDFA1A. We need the PDF to be tagged and read out loud. Is this possible? Please see our code below…

Thanks,
Swetha

WebUrl = HttpContext.Current.Request.Url.ToString();
HttpWebRequest request = (HttpWebRequest)WebRequest.Create(WebUrl);
request.Timeout = 10000; // 10 secs
HttpWebResponse localWebResponse = (HttpWebResponse)request.GetResponse();
Encoding encoding = Encoding.GetEncoding(1252);
StreamReader localResponseStream = new StreamReader(localWebResponse.GetResponseStream());

HttpResponse response = HttpContext.Current.Response;

response.Clear();
response.ClearHeaders();
response.ContentType = “application/pdf”;

// Instantiate an object PDF class
Aspose.Pdf.Generator.Pdf pdf = new Aspose.Pdf.Generator.Pdf();
//Add these two lines to Speed up the conversion
pdf.IsTruetypeFontMapCached = true;
pdf.TruetypeFontMapPath = System.IO.Path.GetTempPath();
pdf.Conformance = Aspose.Pdf.Generator.PdfConformance.PdfA1A;
pdf.Author = “ME”;
pdf.Creator = “POC Project”;

Aspose.Pdf.Generator.Section section = pdf.Sections.Add();
Aspose.Pdf.Generator.Text text2 = new Aspose.Pdf.Generator.Text(section, localResponseStream.ReadToEnd());
text2.IsHtmlTagSupported = true;
section.Paragraphs.Add(text2);

//Save the pdf document
pdf.Save(“sample.pdf”, SaveType.OpenInBrowser , response);

response.End();

localWebResponse.Close();

Hi Swetha,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Thank you for sharing the sample code.

I tried your shared code with the latest version of Aspose.Pdf for .NET v6.6 and I am not able to find your mentioned issue of missing Read Out Loud in PdfConformances PDFA1A. Please download and try the latest version of Aspose.Pdf and if you still face any issue, please create a sample application and post it here to show the issue. We will check it soon.

Thank You & Best Regards,

Hello Nausherwan Aslam,

I have the latest one. I re-downloaded from the link you sent and grabbed the latest DLL. Please find attached a PDF that was generated. I used this URL “http://dealsea.com/view-deal/60382”.

When you try to read out loud the page - it says warning empty page. When u tab into a text it says blank…

Is there something I am missing?

I appreciate your help.

Thanks,
Swetha

Hi Swetha,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Thank you for sharing further details.

I am able to reproduce your mentioned issue after an initial test with the latest version of Aspose.Pdf for .NET. Your issue has been registered in our issue tracking system with issue id: PDFNEWNET-33186. We will notify you via this forum thread regarding any update against your reported issue.

Sorry for inconvenience,

Is there a rough timeline when we can expect PDFNEWNET-33186 to be taken care of? The reason I ask this is that we would want to purchase licenses for a tool that can generate 508 compliant PDFs. We are working with a timeline and want to see if your update with match our timeline.

I will really appreciate your support.

Thanks,
Swetha
<span style=“line-height: 115%; font-family: “Tahoma”,“sans-serif”; font-size: 10pt;”>

Hi Swetha,

Sorry for a delayed reply.

Our development team is working on resolving your issue. However, the issue is not completely resolved yet. I have requested the development team to share an ETA regarding your issue. As soon as I get a feedback, I will update you via this forum thread.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNEWNET-33186) have been fixed in Aspose.Pdf for .NET 11.6.0.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.