PdfA1B Conformance issue. Adobe acrobat shows the file as corrupt

I'm using aspose to create and append PDFs... I need to convert the final appended PDF to PDFA1B for long archiving.

I use the folloing code to convert a PDF created (or appended using PDFFileEditor.Concatenate)

private void SaveAsPdfA(string inputFileName){

using (FileStream stream = new FileStream(inputFileName, FileMode.Open))

{

Aspose.Pdf.Pdf pdf = new Aspose.Pdf.Pdf(stream);

pdf.Conformance = Aspose.Pdf.PdfConformance.PdfA1B;

pdf.Close();

}

}

The created PDF shows as corrupt when opened in Adobe. If I set the conformance to None it opens correctly.

Any advice?

I am currently reviewing this toolkit for my company to decide if we will be purchasing licences. If this functionality is not available, we will not be able to purchase.

Hello Rich,

Thanks for considering Aspose.

Can you please share that either you need to create a PDFA1B compliant PDF document or first you will create PDF documents and merge them and finally you need to convert the resultant merged document into PDF format ?

PS, the code that you have shared above, is related to Aspose.Pdf and is used when you need to generate a PDFA1B compliant PDF document.

I am concatenating other PDFs, some made for instance by saving a word document as PDF using Aspose.Word and others made in various ways...the PDFs are then concatenated using PDFFileEditor.Concatenate. I need to then save that created PDF as a PDFA1b... is this not possible with your toolkit? That is, can I not open any PDF with Aspose.PDF.PDF object and change the conformance to PDFA1b?

Thanks

Did my response give you the information you needed to help? Please let me know if this issue can't be worked around in your toolkit so that I can begin evaluating other kits for purchase.

Thanks

Hello Rich,

Thanks for the detailed information and sorry for not getting back to you earlier.

As per your statement, the query seems to be related to Aspose.Pdf.Kit so for your convenience, I have moved this thread to Aspose.Pdf.Kit forum and I believe my fellow worker taking care of this product would be in better position to answer your query. Please spare us little more time. We are sorry for the delay and inconvenience.

Hi Rich,

Aspose.Pdf only allows you to create new PDF files from scratch, whereas Aspose.Pdf.Kit allows you to manipulate existing PDF. In order to convert an existing PDF file to PDF/A-1b compliant document, you’ll have to use Aspose.Pdf.Kit. However, I’m afraid, this feature is currently not supported by Aspose.Pdf.Kit; nevertheless, I have logged a new feature request as PDFKITNET-20047 in our issue tracking system. Our team will look into this requirement and you’ll be updated via this forum thread once this feature is available.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience.
Regards,