PdfConformance? When will PDF/A-3 supported

Hello, when will PDF/A-3 supported with Aspose.Words and will it be ready to attach XML then? While saving? Currently we would need to Read the PDF again with Aspose PDF or anything and then upgrade it to pdf/a-3 and attach the xml, that isn’t really good.

Hi Christian,

Thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately, Aspose.Words does not support the requested feature at the moment. However, I have logged this feature request as WORDSNET-12326 in our issue tracking system. You will be notified via this forum thread once this feature is available. We apologize for your inconvenience.

You can convert Word document to Pdf using Aspose.Words and then use Aspose.Pdf to convert Pdf to PDF/A-3 compliance level. I am moving this forum thread to Aspose.Total forum. My colleagues from Aspose.Pdf team will reply you shortly about PDF/A-3 compliance.

Tahir Manzoor, I know this feature, however that’s aweful.

First Creating then Converting? Two steps is slower.

I taught of using Aspose Words for Reporting via the Mail Merge method, however it seems to be really hard (not because of aspose words, more of cause of word itself and the limited mail merge)

Hi Christian,

Thanks for contacting support.

As stated by Tahir, you may consider using Aspose.Pdf for .NET in order to Convert PDF File to PDF-A format. This API offers the feature to generate PDF/A_3b compliant documents.

Hi Christian,

c.schmitt:

when will PDF/A-3 supported with Aspose.Words and will it be ready to attach XML then? While saving?

Could you please share some more detail about your requirements regarding “attach XML”?