PdfConverter flips (mirrors) pdf when saving to image

Hi, I am trying out Aspose for creating thumbnails from Pdfs. I use com.Aspose.Pdf.Kit.PdfConverter as shown in the documentation. However, the images that come out are mirrored.

Do you have any idea why this is? could it have to do with the java imaging api? I have never used it before, it looks really old. It refused to install natively on my Windows 7 installation, so I went with the “non-native” library (1.1.3).

This message was posted using Page2Forum from Aspose.Pdf.Kit for Java - Documentation

Hi Carl,

Thank you very much for considering Aspose.

The Java Advanced Imaging 1.1.3 works fine with Aspose.Pdf.Kit for Java. If you’re having some problem at your end then please share the input PDF file with us along with the code snippet, so we could investigate the issue at our end. In fact, due to the particular structure or contents of the PDF files such issue might occur. We’ll further look into it and guide you accordingly.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience.
Regards,

Hello,
we have a similar problem with the java components. We tried to convert a pdf to tiff as well as jpg and all the text is flipped upside down. The images on the document however are the right way.

With Aspose.Cells an excel file converted to pdf it works just fine but Aspose.Pdf.Kit makes those problems.

ByteArrayOutputStream outStream = new ByteArrayOutputStream();
converter.bindPdf(new ByteArrayInputStream(content));
converter.doConvert();

int imageCount = 1;

while (converter.hasNextImage())

{

converter.getNextImage("/AsposeTest/" + imageCount + “.jpg”, ImageType.JPEG);

imageCount++;

}
converter.saveAsTIFF(outStream);

Hi Andreas,

Please share the input PDF file with us as well, so we could investigate the issue using your particular scenario.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience.
Regards,

Hi Shahzad,

Thank you very much for reply.

Pdf has been attached with this post.

This file has been created using AsposeCell.

Tif file is the result of Aspose Pdf Kit.

Kind Regards,

Andreas

Hi Andreas,

Thank you very much for sharing the sample PDF file with us. I have reproduced the issue at my end and logged it as PDFKITJAVA-31754 in our issue tracking system. Our team will look into this issue and you’ll be updated via this forum thread once it is resolved.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience. If you have any further questions, please do let us know.
Regards,