PdfConverter: PDF to Image

Hi,

we’re currently getting into pdf-to-image conversion via Aspose Pdf.Kit (Java) and are experiencing a few issues. Maybe someone can shed some light on this. All of the following can be reproduced with the PdfConverter example from Aspose.

Issue 1: There seems to be a problem with text in Pdfs. In most cases it works but in some the resulting image doesn’t use the correct font and/or some weird character spacing. The attached example document issue1.pdf seems to have all needed fonts embedded but the output quality of the image isn’t true to the original.

Issue 2: Pdfs made from scanned documents don’t seem to work (in some cases). The attached example document issue2.pdf results in empty (“white”) images.

Issue 3: Another example pdf which doesn’t get converted correctly (issue3.pdf). This one gets black and distorted after being converted to an image.

Again, all these issues are just happening to some of the pdfs we’re using for testing; most of the time the conversion works just fine. I’d just like to know if there’s something we can do about this or if there’s anything we need to pay attention to regarding the source pdfs? Also, is Aspose looking into improving the quality of the output coming from PdfConverter in the future (i.e. make the conversion work with “more” pdfs)?

Thanks in advance,
Kevin

EDIT: I forgot to add that issue2.pdf also throws an exception while being
converted. That’s probably the reason for the blank target images.

Hi Kevin,

I have reproduced your mentioned issues and logged them as shown below:

Issue 1: PDFKITJAVA-33119
Issue 2: PDFKITJAVA-33120
Issue 3: PDFKITJAVA-33121

Our team will investigate these issues and you’ll be updated via this forum thread once they’re resolved.

Moreover, I would like to share with you that our team is working on a new and improved version of the component which will cater your concerns for image quality. However, it is going to take some time before this version becomes available; in the meanwhile, we’ll try to provide you the fixes for these issues.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience.
Regards,

Thanks for looking into this!

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFKITJAVA-33121) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.