PDFCoverter missing images in output

Hi,

I am using aspose.pdf.kit (5.5.0.0) and aspose.pdf (5.2.1.0) [i am using the old ones because i have issues with the new ones - see my other post].

When converting the attached file - slide number 2 disappears from the output.

This is out code snippet:

while (converter.HasNextImage())

{

_image = new MemoryStream();

converter.GetNextImage(_image);

Section section = pdf.Sections.Add();

section.PageInfo.Margin = sectionMargin;

Aspose.Pdf.Image imageSlide = new Aspose.Pdf.Image(section);

section.IsLandscape = bIsLandScape;

section.Paragraphs.Add(imageSlide);

imageSlide.PositioningType = Aspose.Pdf.PositioningType.Auto;

imageSlide.ImageInfo.ImageStream = _image;

}

pdf.Close();

converter.Close();

** update **

We’ve noticed that if we set a low dpi (90 for example)
then GetNextImage() ignores the slide\page and the output misses that slide\page.

Hi,

Could you please share which tool/component you’re using to convert this presentation to PDF? Are you using Aspose.Slides or some other tool? Could you please share the input PDF file as well which you’re trying to convert to images?

Also, please share that why you’re trying to add the images to the PDF again? Do you want to create a PDF again, using these images?

Regards,

Hi,

Thanks for your interest in our products

Adding more to shahzad's comments, if you need to convert PowerPoint presentation into PDF format, please try using Aspose.Slides which provides such capability. For more information, please visit Converting to PDF File

However, we also have a class named PdfConverter under Aspose.Pdf.Facades Namespace which provides the capability to convert pages of PDF document into image format. Please share if you are using it ?

Hi,

As i wrote - we are using the Pdf.Kit’s PDFConverter, we use this conversion process because getThumbnail returns a low quality image.
We convert to PDF and then save each page to image (and we use the GetNextImage function to get each image).

Our testing showed that dpi 90 causes some images not to appear.
But we can’t understand what is the realtion of the quality property with the x resolution and y resolution, the documentation lacks information about this.

Thanks for your answer naayer but as i wrote - we are using the PDFConverter object but we can’t use the new modified aspose.pdf because the results we get using this aren’t good (see my other post on this subject).

Hi,

I have tried to convert the attached PPTX file to PDF using Aspose.Slides for .NET 5.3.0 and then converted that PDF to images using Aspose.Pdf.Kit for .NET 5.7.0. The images are produced, however the color is not exactly the same as in the input Presentation. This is because the color is changed when the PDF file is saved from the PPTX using Aspose.Slides. So, it would be better if you report the issue in Aspose.Slides forum, so that you would be able to use the latest versions. Moreover, we’re only able to resolve any issues in our latest versions and can provide the fixes in the next versions released by our teams.

I would recommend you to use the latest versions and if you find any issues with those as well then please report those particular issues, so our team would be able to work on those.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience and looking forward to help you out.
Regards,

Hey shahzad,

thanks, we will migrate the merged dll’s in the near future.
For the time being this issue was solved by running over the PDF pages and saving each page as a tiff (by using the startpage and endpage properties).

Hi Eyalb,

I’m glad to know that this issue is resolved at your end. If you need any assistance from our side in future, please do let us know.

Regards,