PDFEditor.Concatenate - Closure of Instreams

Chaps,

I had a slight problem after merging a number of documents using PDFEditor.Concatenate when using an array of filestreams. I have up to 12 documents I may need to merge into a single PDF and whilst this works fine, the filestreams were remaining open after the concatenate had completed.

I have solved my problem by iterating through the array and closing the filestreams manually. I have tried setting the PDFEditor to nothing in the hope that this would close the instreams but this was not the case.

Given your attention to detail, I did expect this, it is no big problem to close them manually.

Thanks for such an excellent set of products. Fine work.

GH.

Hi Geoff,

I’m afraid, currently Concatenate method doesn’t close the file streams passed as parameter; however, I have logged a request for enhancement as PDFKITNET-20692 in our issue tracking system. Our team will look into this to see if it is feasible to close the file streams passed as parameters. If it would be feasible, we’ll try to provide you this enhancement in next versions.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience.
Regards,

Shahzad,

It's no problem really, what might help is if the documentation mentioned this. I can understand it possibly being a bit of a tall order to fit this into contatenate.

thanks for the quick response, appreciated.

Geoff.

Hi Geoff,

Thank you very much for your suggestion. We’ll update our documentation with the related information.

If you find any further questions or concerns, please do let us know.
Regards,