PdfExtractor method ExtractText overloaded

Under the following link http://www.aspose.com/documentation/.net-components/aspose.pdf.kit-for-.net/aspose.pdf.kit.pdfextractor.extracttext_overload_2.html the documentation says that ExtractText has an overload for encoding but seems that I can not see an overload in VS2008 using the latest release of PdfExtractor. Is it true there is no overload?

Side note: I have a working extraction process but having issues with the information being returned and simply trying various options which is why I have asked the above question.

Thanks
Kevin

Hi Kevin,

I have checked the PdfExtractor class in Visual Studio 2008 and I can see the ExtractText overloads. I would also like to share that the new overload is available from version 4.2.0 onwards. Please make sure that you’re using the latest version. Kindly try to check the version number of the DLL being used in the project.

If it still doesn’t resolve your issue then please share a small sample project with us, so we could see the problem at our end and help you out accordingly.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience.
Regards,

Okay I found out what the problem was, I had installed the lastest release and added it to a project in VS2008 but VS2008 when adding the library did not show the proper version, instead it showed an older version under the folder net2.0 so I removed this one from the project, then went to add the library again but this time used the browse option and traversed to net3.5 and added Aspose.Pdf.kit.dll which shows the overload.

So I wonder why when attempting to add the library using the .NET tab under "Add References" it does not show the lastest release? Any ways I now have it working other than the issue with "Add Reference".

Hi Kevin,

I have logged your concern as PDFKITNET-17599 in our issue tracking system. Our team will investigate it in detail and you’ll be updated accordingly.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience.
Regards,