We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

PDFFileEditor.Concatenate() function loses embeded javascript

I have several pdf docs to concatenate to one output pdf doc. The first input pdf doc has embeded javascript to enable printing once pdf doc is open. The problem is output pdf doc does not have embeded javascript anymore, print dialog does not popup when I open it.

So, Concatenate function does NOT support javascript or the other custom objects copy. Am I right?

Hi Jason,

Please share the sample PDF files along with the code snippet you’re using at your end. We’ll test the issue at our end and you’ll be updated accordingly.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience.
Regards,

Attached 3 pdf files. the first pdf - Print.pdf has javascript to enable automatic printing; the third pdf file - Print_fjkdlasjf.pdf is the combined pdf file.

My code:

string inFile = "c:\\Print.pdf";

string inFile2 = "c:\\fjkdlasjf.pdf";

string outFile = "c:\\Print_fjkdlasjf.pdf";

PdfFileEditor editor = new PdfFileEditor();

editor.Concatenate(new[] { inFile, inFile2 }, outFile);

Hi Jason,


I have reproduced this issue at my end and logged it as PDFKITNET-16348 in our issue tracking system. Our team will look into this issue and you’ll be updated via this forum thread once it is resolved.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience.
Regards.

Thanks for your reply. What I am doing now is to evaluate Aspose.Pdf.Kit and see if it meets all our requirements. So Hopefully this one and the other two I posted lately can be fixed asap.

Thanks again.

Hi Jason,

Our team still needs to investigate these issues, however we’ll try to provide you the fix for these issues the earliest possible.

If you have any further questions, please do let us know.
Regards,

I am not sure if this bug has been fixed or not yet. I checked out two new versions: 4.4.0 and 4.5.0.

When I use 4.4.0 to run pdf merge, embeded javascript is copied to output pdf document, but get some error messages popup saying like "Could not find the XObject named 'Xi0'."

When I use 4.5.0 to run it, no error messages, but embeded javascript is not copied.

Please investigate it. Thanks.

Hi Jason,

This issue is not yet resolved. Our team is still working on this issue; you’ll be updated via this forum thread once it is resolved.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience.
Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 16348) have been fixed in this update.


This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.