Percent of Total using Smart Markers

Hi
How can I calculate percent of total using smart markers?
Please see attached file for details on what I am looking for.
Thanks

PercentOfTotal.zip (7.6 KB)

@aferriere2,

Thanks for the template file.

To calculate percent of total of all individual values, you always need to know the Sum of the values (cell). I think to cope with it, you need to process the markers in A and B columns as you are already doing. Once the markers are processed and data is filled into the columns (especially in B column), you will get the summary of the total values (cell). Now you may re-put the running formula in each individual cell in C column (each row cell) accordingly.

Ok so no way to get this done using smart markers(Dynamic Formulas or some other way) in one attempt ? If it requires two attempts then I think its best for me to just calc the % Of Total on the sql server side and pass it down as a column to the table.

@aferriere2,
Yes, your understanding is correct. Please feel free to write us back if you have any other query in this regard.

@aferriere2,

In Smart Markers, you can use repeat dynamic formula but if you know about the summary value cell (e.g B19), so your Smart Marker can be as following:

&=&=B{r}/B19

The # of rows are dynamic so can’t tell what the summary value cell will be.
I ended up using a named range for the summary value cell and it works fine now
&=&=B{r}/NamedCell

@aferriere2,
Good to know that your issue is resolved. Please feel free to write us back if you have any other query in this regard.