Performance issue in aspose word 18.6 version

Hi,

We recently upgraded from Aspose word 17.4 to 18.6 and having big performance hit on that version.

After investigation we found this call is very slow: Document.Range.Bookmarks[processedBookmark.Name] != null in 18.6. I is not possible to replicate this in simple app because of the complexity of the code.

I tried 18.7 and it is same.

I wanted to try 18.8 but we don’t have license for that version yet.

Please provide help.

Thanks,
Meet

@meetp,

To ensure a timely and accurate response, please ZIP and attach the following resources here for testing:

• Your input Word document
  • Please create a standalone simple Console application (source code without compilation errors) that helps us to reproduce your problem on our end and attach it here for testing.

As soon as you get these pieces of information ready, we will start investigation into your above issue and provide you more information. Thanks for your cooperation.

Hi,

Thanks for your response as I mentioned before I cannot replicate this outside of the CDM due to the complexity of the code.

I am just wondering if you aware about any performance issue in 18.6 or you can provide me trial license that I can use for 18.8 (where this might be resolved)?

Thanks,
Meet

@meetp,

We have logged your problem in our issue tracking system. The ID of this issue is WORDSNET-17305. We will further look into the details of this problem and will keep you updated on the status of correction. We apologize for your inconvenience.

If you want to test latest version of Aspose.Words without the evaluation version limitations, you can also request a 30-day Temporary License. Please refer to How to get a Temporary License?

Thanks for your response.

This is urgent matter for us.

Can you please give me time line when this will be fixed?

Thanks,
Meet

@meetp,

Unfortunately, your issue (WORDSNET-17305) is not resolved yet. This issue is currently pending for analysis and is in the queue. There are no estimates available at the moment. We will inform you via this thread as soon as this issue is resolved or any time frame is available. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Hi its been few weeks since I posted this issue. Can you please give me update?

Thanks,
Meet Patel

@meetp,

We have completed the analysis of this issue and will inform you via this thread as soon as this issue is resolved. We apologize for any inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-17305) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 18.9 update and this Aspose.Words for Java 18.9 update.