Performance issue with Aspose.Word

Dear Support,

I have a performance issue with Aspose.Word when converting an HTML file to a PDF stream, the Document.Save takes about a minute.

Please find in the attachments the profiling results and also a sample application to reproduce the issue.

Note: You need to add your Aspose.Word license file in the bin folder of the application to be able to use it.

Thanks for your support in advance.

Regards,
Mohamed Ramadan

Hi Ramadan,

Thanks for your inquiry. I tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce similar problem on my side. Saving ‘Test HTML.htm’ to PDF took 40154 ms on my side. For the sake of correction, I have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-10826. We will further look into the details of this problem and keep you updated on the status of correction. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Best regards,

Hi Ramadan,

Thanks for being patient. Please share the details of the development environment you’re getting this problem on e.g. CPU type and speed, RAM size, OS and .NET Framework versions for our reference. We will investigate the best possible way to fix this issue and inform you via this thread as soon as this issue is resolved.

Best regards,

Hi Hafeez,

Thanks for your reply.

Please find the required information as follows:

Environment specs:
- Virtual environment (VMWare)
- Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprice - Service Pack 1
- Processor: Intel® Xenon® CPU E5645 @ 2.40GHz 2.40GHz (2 processors)
- Memory: 18 GB RAM
- System Type: 64-bit OS

Application Specs:
- .NET 4.5
- ASP.NET WCF Service & Windows Application
- Build: Debug
- Platgorm (Any CPU)
- Visual Studion 2012 SP2

Regards,
Mohamed Ramadan

Hi Ramadan,

Thanks for the details. We will notify you as soon as this issue is resolved.

Best regards,

Hi Hafeez,

Do you have any updates about this issue?

Thanks,
Mohamed Ramadan

Hi Ramadan,

Thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately, your issue is not resolved yet. Our development team is currently doing analysis of this issue to determine the exact root cause of this problem. Once the analysis of this issue is completed, we will then be able to share more information. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Best regards,

A gentle reminder, if you have any updates about this issue.

Your support is really appreciated.

Thanks,
Mohamed Ramadan

Hi Ramadan,

Thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately, your issue is not resolved yet and there is no further news about this issue. We will inform you via this thread as soon as this issue is resolved. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Best regards,

Hello Hafiz,
Do you have any new updates about this one? I hope to hear a good news as I see you released couple of new versions.
Thanks,
Mohamed Ramadan

Hi Ramadan,

Thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately, there is no further news about your outstanding issue. This is because there are many other important issues ahead of your issue in the queue. We will inform you via this thread as soon as this issue is resolved. We apologize for your inconvenience.

PS: If this issue is important to you, and for the fast resolution of this issue, please have a look at enhanced support options - e.g. purchasing Priority Support will allow you to post your issues in our Priority Support forum and raise the priority of these issues directly with our development teams, if possible, we will then aim to get a resolution to your issue as soon as we can. Many Priority Support customers find that this leads to their issues being fixed in the next release of the software.

If you would like to take advantage of Enhanced Support then please request a quote in our purchase forum -https://forum.aspose.com/c/purchase/6

Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-10826) have been fixed in this update.