Performance of Inserting multiple rows

I am just evaluating most recent version of Aspose.Cells for .NET to edit MS Excel files in runtime.

The library is really nice. We like the API.
The issue we have is related with performance of Cells.InsertRow function.
Due to the nature of the data we process we need to insert a lot of rows (thousends to tens of thousends) in the middle of the worksheets.

Based on the profiler output the InsertRow() function of Aspose.Cells tend to consume more than 90% of the processing time for large datasets.
This is little dissappointing. We have an experience with some OSS products (NPOI, EPPlus) which operates much faster for the same operations.

Our sheets has no Formulas at all.
I can easilly guess that batch processing (inserting groups of nodes in single operation) could improve overall performance and I am aware that there are such functions available in the API. Nevertheless due to the nature of the input data we are much more interested in single rows operation.

Are there any hints to make nodes insertion faster ?

Hi,

Thanks for providing some details.

Well, when you insert huge numbers of rows into the sheet, that would surely effect the performance a bit and eat resources for sure. Anyways, could you please download and try our latest version: Aspose.Cells for .NET 8.3.1 if it makes any difference.

If you still find any significant issue regarding performance for inserting rows operation, kindly create a simple console demo application (runnable), zip it and post us here. We will check if we could improve the function(s) or provide any workaround to cope with it.

Thank you.