Loading PPTX along with importing svg and saving into PPTX using Aspose.Slides for Java

Hi,

I am evaluating Aspose.Slides for Java and I am running into massive performance problems.

What I am doing is this:

• open a presentation blank.pptx
  • get the second slide
  • read an SVG from disk
  • import the SVG (via slide.getPresentation().getImages().addFromSvg(svg))
  • add a picture frame with the imported image
  • set some formatting on the picture frame
  • save the modified presentation

When I run this (sample code attached stampSvg.zip), I get these performance numbers:
total time: 54094 ms

• load pptx: 4488 ms
  • get slide: 0 ms
  • read SVG: 7 ms
  • import SVG: 44684 ms
  • get image size: 414 ms
  • add picture frame: 0 ms
  • format picture frame: 0 ms
  • save pptx: 4501 ms (583.2 KB)

The troubling lines are:

• load/save: over 4 seconds, Powerpoint loads/saves the presentation in around 1 second.
  • import SVG: 44 seconds! Powerpoint inserts the SVG into a slide almost instantaneously.

I used code snippets (for load, save, SVG import) that I found in the Aspose sample code.

Is there a different, faster way to achieve the same result?

Thanks!

@INFINICA,

I have worked with sample code and presentation file shared by you. Can you please share environment details along with Aspose.Slides version you are using on your end and java details so that we may further investigate to help you out.

I am using aspose-slides-18.10-jdk16.jar with the following Java version:
java version “1.8.0_101”
Java™ SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_101-b13)
Java HotSpot™ 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.101-b13, mixed mode)

@INFINICA,

I have worked with the sample code shared by you and have been able to observe the issue. An issue with ID SLIDESJAVA-37406 has been created in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be notified once the issue will be fixed.