Performance terms - please explain

We use Aspose and I noticed a fellow EY person posted a question in your forum and was directed to the following posting:

I have a few questions, mostly on definitions of the value. Would someone be able to explain it to me?

LimitCellsNumberForMerged - If this number is lowered from 1000000 to 500000 will performance improve?

IsAutoRowFit - What does this mean? Does this mean when it exports it adjusts the layout to look even? If it is set back to false - is the performance better?

IsMerged - What does this mean? If it is set to false is the performance better?

IsSetStyle and AutoRowFit - What do these mean? If they are set to true or false - is the performance better?

IsConditionalFormatting - What does this mean? Is performance better with it turned on or off?

We are using Aspose with SSRS and looking to improve the download of large reports.

Hi,

Thanks for your query.

Well, you should evaluate yourself and specify which parameters you need to set them on/off accordingly for your requirements, the Excel report would be rendered according to your configurations/settings.

kurtlutz:
...... http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/cellsreportingservices/Performance
I have a few questions, mostly on definitions of the value. Would someone be able to explain it to me?

LimitCellsNumberForMerged - If this number is lowered from 1000000 to 500000 will performance improve?

This parameter sets the maximum number of cells to be merged (if required). When the report is rendered, some cells might require to be merged in the worksheet. Setting lower value for the parameter would give better performance.

kurtlutz:
IsAutoRowFit - What does this mean? Does this mean when it exports it adjusts the layout to look even? If it is set back to false - is the performance better?
This parameter specifies if MS Excel’s Auto-fit rows operation would be implemented or not. Mind you, this operation is surely time consuming and setting this parameter’s value to false would enhance the performance.

kurtlutz:
IsMerged - What does this mean? If it is set to false is the performance better?
This parameter merges specific cells (where necessary) in the worksheet. Your understanding is correct.

kurtlutz:
IsSetStyle and AutoRowFit - What do these mean? If they are set to true or false - is the performance better?
The SetStyle parameter specifies if formattings/ styles would be applied to the cells or not.

kurtlutz:
IsConditionalFormatting - What does this mean? Is performance better with it turned on or off?

We are using Aspose with SSRS and looking to improve the download of large reports.

This parameter would on/off the conditional formatting applied to the cells. Setting this to false would improve the performance a bit.

Thank you.