PersonalStorage deep clone

Is there a way to make a deep clone of PersonalStorage object? I am looking for an effective way to multi-thread the extraction of messages fom a pst/ost.

Thanks

Martin

Hi Martin,

At present, the methods mentioned in our online article, Extract Messages from Outlook PST file, explain the extraction of messages from PST. Please elaborate your requirements a bit more so that we can discuss the possibility with our development team and share our feedback with you.

Your product does a great job in extracting messages in a single thread. I have used this with great success. We are now working on speeding up the extraction process. I have implemented a thread pool and I pass an object of necessary data including the PersonalStorage object to the new thread, its only purpose is to extract the msg and save it. When I have done this, I get null pointer or index out of bounds exception. I have not yet implemented/tried synchronization yet but that is next. I have tried creating a new PersonalStroage object each time a message is to be extracted but found that that is too expensive of an operation. My next thought is to create a deep clone to avoid thread contention.

This project is just to test for the upper limit on extracting pst/ost files. Eventually this will be built into our products which regularly get hundreds of Gb of PST/OST that needs to be processed.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Martin

Hi Martin,

We are sorry for a delayed response.

I could not find any such information that could be helpful in deep copying of the messages from the PST. We are further analyzing your requirements and will update you here if some information is available in this regard.